Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

planning plant and maintenace plant

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello every one,

I have a confusiton that what is role of planning plant in plant maintenance. In my project we have 3 plants and all have diffrerent planner group. So in this case should i have 3 planning plant?. second how it affects if i have 3 different planning plant or 1 planning plant for all 3 plants. in my case 1 plant maintenance group look after for all 3 plants. Kindly give me ur suggestions. i would be very very thankfull to u all.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amit_saxena7
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In customization you have to define and assign a plant as maintenance planning plant. this maintenance planning plant will have the planner groups, work center etc. assigned to it.

Now based on your requirement you can have centralised maintenance (only one plant is defined and assigned as maintenance planning plant and it takes care of the maintenance of all the plants) or decentralised maintenance ( each plant is defined and assigned as a maintenance planning plant which looks after its own maintenance)

Hope this clarifies your doubt.

Thanks.

former_member711289
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi every one thanx for replies, In my case i m having 3 different planning plants and 3 different maintenance plants but planner group is only one which is responsible for all the things related to plant maintenance. How we can do this. should i create 3 differents planner group in system or one planner grp can work in 3 different plants.

Regards

Abhishek Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

you can create 3 different plants whcih are maint plants you are saying one planner group as one tell mw whether planning for these plants maint can be done by one single plant or every plant is having its own planning

if it is not centralized then better to create seperate

Regards

chand

former_member221039
Active Participant
0 Kudos

as per your requirement, u have to create 3 planning plants, 3 maintenance plants, so that u will get desired results, meaning procurment maintenance items & external services are plantwise,

if u have 1 planning plant & 3 maintenance plant, then the maintenance items are posted with maintenance plant & in case of external services procurement will be at planning plant, so u will not have clarity on which plant has procurement external services & costs.

hope this clarifies.

regards

srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ediga Srihari ,

Wil u plz elaborate ur point that how would we face problem in case of external services.And one more thing plz tell,can we have 2 planing plants for a single plant.I mean can we have a condition in which for a maintenance plant A we can choose planning plant B some times and Planning plant C some times.

Edited by: achalmehra on Sep 6, 2009 2:01 PM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhishek,

Let me know one thing. What kind of planning u r doing in your plant. Is it centralized, localized or partial centralized.

Then only I will be able to consult you.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

If you use one planner group for one planning plant then how you will do the planner group wise cost analysis, which is just like a section.Even under one planning plant you have to create more no. of planner group to ease your business clear & tracking the cost effectively.If you use one then there is no use of planner groupwise cost analysis.

Please think thtrough this aspect also might be you will get some help

AR

Edited by: Amit Rana on Aug 19, 2009 5:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What I understand is you have 3 plants A,B&C and only one planning plant A assigned to the 3 plants. This planning plant A is assigned to 3 different planner groups P,Q&R

1) Should I have 3 planning plants?

Ans: It depends on the business requirements.

2) Effect of 3 different planning plants or one planning plant?

Ans: With one maintenance planning plant; order execution, spare parts storage would however be the responsibility of another plant. So plant A would be responsible for performing all the above tasks.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

[SAP Help|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/EN/3d/b6c43654f211d19d6c0000e8323350/frameset.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

MPP : Maintenance Planning Plant which is respnsible for Planning of Maintenance tasks , this contains work centers, Maintenance planner groups etc..

MP : Maintenance plant is plant where your eqpts are installed.It contains Plant sections,work centers also

You can have 3 MP and 01 MPP for ur case and assign all MO order types, Maintenance Planner groups to MPP .

regards

pushpa