cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Login Failed error message in Webi Rich Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

When I try to login in to Webi Rich client , I get the error message "Login Failed". However, a session seems to have been created on the server in CMC. I am able to connect to another server using same Webi Rich Client. Other BO tools like Universe Designer also work fine. I am on BO XI 3.1.

Please let me know if anyone has faced this issue.

Thanks,

KartheeK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had similar problem and I solved adding the ip server in the hosts file.

You can fin it C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

I hope this help you.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried adding the IP address to the host file. It did not work for me. I would be surprised if we had to do this change to all machine that will be using Rich client.

Edited by: Nikhil Khasnis on Jan 18, 2010 4:24 PM

Using the same credentials I can log on via CITRIX but not from Rich Client installed on my local machine. I can log on to another system locally. is there any resolution or acknowledgement from SAP/BO regarding this issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not to change in all the machines, I did it only in my machine that was the only with problems in certain locations, after that we work on DNS and we can fix it.

Maybe the problem is the LSI is corrupted

try with

Close the Web Intelligence Rich Client Tool

Move the LSI file contained in "%USERPROFILE%\My Documents\My Business Objects Documents\LocData" to another folder (for backup)

Start the application and log in.

Yo can fin the solution in the note: 1249555 - "Login failed" with "Web Intelligence Rich Client" tool

Or look the note 1400313 - Error: No cms is running when trying to logon with LDAP user to Web Intelligence Rich Client in BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1

I hope this help you.

Best regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

It worked.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I'm glad to read that.

Best regards,

Fede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fede!

Do you please can tell me where can I find the SAP Note 1249555 to implement a solution on my system?

I search in the web, include in the sdn but with no success!!

Thanks,

Gui!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gui,

You can find all the SAP Notes in this link [http://service.sap.com/notes], on the right top of the page you have a place to writhe the number of the note.

If you don't know the note and you need to find information in SAP notes you have the search options to find information in all notes.

In this link you can find the specify note you ask me [https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/1249555]

I hope this help you.

Best regards,

Fede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Federico,

It worked.

Thanks,

Pa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much.  I for some reason hadn't been able to find the solution to this problem for some time.  Deleting the .LSI file worked for me, too. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is correct solution, work again. Thanks!

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member

Hi

First follow the SAP NOTE 1249555

if still you get the error

Follow this

Next : C:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\config

Delete CMS.History (Not exactly but starts with CMS)

Thank you.

former_member430765
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Following this SAP NOTE 1249555 fixed the problem. Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey All,

i have the same Problem, but the solution of Frederico works fine. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys,

I am getting the same error..

and followed the SAP Note but didn't able to resolve.

please help me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Me also, I'm having the same problem. Did what the note says, but didn't solved the problem. BUT, if I logon to SAP network, I can log to WEBi. If I'm not logged to SAP network, received the error. Any help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

try logging to WRC via Infoview in 3-tier mode either by a create or edit a WebI Intelligence by setting the preferences for create/edit for webi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I am also facing this problem, how do I solve this issue?

I was previous able to login with EXACTLY the same credentials.

Regards

Lim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please do check in the CCM and CMC if the servers are all up and running, and do log-in from different machine and user credentials.

Regards,

John Vincent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John Vincent,

I tried with other login usernames all failed with invalid usernames or passwords and checked the CMC as well looks all right not sure why this happened only my username is with login failed error

Regards

Lim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Search for .LSI files in your computer , delete them and then open designer again. The issue should be resolved.

- KartheeK

Edited by: Kartheek Kandikuppa on Nov 16, 2009 4:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any resolution to this issue?

I started getting Login failed since today morning. I was able to log in, then Webi RC went into "Not responding" mode. I started getting the login error after I ended thesession and try to open a new one. I can log on to Webi and Designer using the same credentials.

Thanks,

Nikhil

Edited by: Nikhil Khasnis on Jan 18, 2010 3:19 PM

Everytime I get the Failed invalied error, my session in CMC goes by by 1.

Edited by: Nikhil Khasnis on Jan 18, 2010 3:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether did you gave correct CMS server name and Authentication.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether did you gave correct CMS server name and Authentication.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Suresh, I have the correct server details.

- KartheeK