cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime error DYNPRO_FIELD_CONVERSION when viewing maintenance order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We are getting a runtime error DYNPRO_FIELD_CONVERSION when viewing a particular maintenance order.

The problem is observed only for one particular order. This order however shows up in the list edit reports (IW38, IW39), but when we try to view/change the order we get the dump.

In the debug mode we checked that this is occurring as a negative value has been populated in the breakdown duration field (which is the difference between the malfunction end date/time and malfunction start date/time).

Normally SAP does not allow us to input a malfunction end date/time which is before the malfunction start date/time i.e. the malfunction end date/time should be greater than the malfunction start date/time.

Also, we cannot directly input a negative value in the breakdown duration field. We were wondering then how did the negative value get populated in the breakdown duration field.

We tried to simulate the issue but were not able to replicate it.

Please advise how we correct/simulate the issue.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

pravingupta01
Explorer

• Double Click on the Field on the Screen Painter Which Will open Field Property....

Under the Attributes Section - Dict Tab - Tick the Checkbox With Sign.

This should resolve your problem

Reward if issue resolved 🙂

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandeep,

Have you been able to solve this problem? I'm having the exactly same problem.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

I checked the notes. None of them seem to be addressing the negative value in the breakdown duartion field.

Please let me know if any of you'll encountered a similar problem.

Thanks,

Sandeeo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Go thru the below thread would be useful.

Thanks,

Swamy H P

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sandeep,

Have a look on OSS, there 15 notes when searching with DYNPRO_FIELD_CONVERSION and IW32

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

DYNPRO_FIELD_CONVERSION dump may be due to the following reason, you can find few OSS notes

- Negative entry in Time confirmation

- Negative entry in cost

- Negative entry in reversation

Check these just for reference.

Thanks

S.N