cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STW00226 Error on Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

I'm having an issue installing BOE on Windows 2003 R2 64-bit.

What we have done so far:

created a database on SQL 2005 via 32-bit drivers for the object repository (CMS database) and have successfully tested the connection from the Windows box to the SQL box.

started the installation on the Windows box, selecting new installation type, use an existing database server. I then select the correct DSN from OBDC and enter the correct login ID, password and database for the CMS database. After selecting next I receive an error message "STW00226 Data Source Name Not found and no default driver specified".

I did review SAP Note 1373300 and used the 32-bit ODBC administrator tool to create System DSN. I also successfully tested the connection to the SQL box, using SQL Authentication without issue.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Edited by: CHRISTOPHER Campo on Sep 2, 2009 1:55 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the reasen is th 64bit ODBC connection. Management of ODBC Connection in folder c:\windows\syswow64!!!!

Only with this Connection the DSN could be found

Former Member
0 Kudos

The [following article from Microsoft MSDN|http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942976] is "helpful" in explaining how confusing Microsoft made ODBC DSN creation on 64-bit OS. The default DSN panel on the Windows Start menu on 64-bit Windows OS (I'm using Windows 2008 Server) is really 64-bit, even though it doesn't tell you. Therefore, I created a shortcut on the Windows desktop to the 32-bit version of the Odbcad32.exe file. It is located in the %systemdrive%\Windows\SysWoW64 folder. 32-bit code is in a directory called SysWoW64 - makes sense, doesn't it? Grrrrrrr!!! Then, I followed Microsoft's advice and added _32 to the DSN names to remind me I had created them using the 32-bit ODBC panel.

Once you create the DSNs in this way, the BusinessObjects installation program should find them and use them without additional complaints.

Former Member
0 Kudos

- What version of BusinessObjects Enterprise are you trying to install?

- Is the SQLServer and BusinessObjects Enterprise is there on same server machine?

- If the reported issue persists, you may want to install BOBJ on default MySQL datasource (provided with BOBJ installation) and then change the repository to SQLServer

-Subhodeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

Thank you for the response:

- What version of BusinessObjects Enterprise are you trying to install?

BOE XI 3.1

- Is the SQLServer and BusinessObjects Enterprise is there on same server machine?

Yes, both SQL Server and BOE reside on the same machine. I did use the 32-bit ODBC admin tool per SAP Note 1373300 without any success. I can verify the connection without issue from the ODBC admin tool.

- If the reported issue persists, you may want to install BOBJ on default MySQL datasource (provided with BOBJ installation) and then change the repository to SQLServer

Thanks for the tip as it appears this is what I'll have to do to resolve.

I will post the workaround to help others on the forum avoid this issue.