cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phrase set is not getting assigned to newly created characteristics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created a new tab and new field in the tab for Dangerous Goods Master. I want assign the phrase to the customized field I carried following steps:

1.I have created value assignment type and class using same name, then created a characteristics and assigned the FM for Phrase check fuction (C14K_PHRASECHARACT_CHECK).

2. Created a Phrase set with same name as the charcterstics. (With CHAR30)

3. Also created a new entry in the value assignment table CGVAI02 for the Value assignment type.

4. Then I run master data match-up but after that instead of phrases getting assigned to the charac. the FM is automatically removed from the characteristics. And when I try to assign the phrase then I get following message "Characteristic not assigned to phrase set features phrase check function"

As the value assinment type is not assigned to any property tree its not avaliable in the CGAB.

Is the procedure is correct?

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

Standard process is

1) Create a Class and create a characteristics, class type 100 and characteristic 30 size with functional module assigned C14K_Pharasecharact_check.

2) Create a value assignment type with type u201CAu201D Node with class with all the tick marks for activate indicator a

3) Run Table based value assignment creation make sure the check edit is ticked ok

4) Assign the Newly created value assignment to the appropriate location of property tree

5) Create a phrase set and assign corresponding phrases

6) Now navigate to CGAB and assign the phrase set to the corresponding Characteritics under the property tree

7) Run CGCZ and match up the master data and create symbols and activatiing phrase enabled characteristics

8) Come out of it and check if it is reflected in your property tree

If you dont assign VA to any Property tree it will not be available in CGAB.

Thanks

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick replies...

The field is in the DG Master, same like user defined fields. So I cannot assign them to the property tree.

How do I get an entry for the same in the CGAB under table/structure..

Help is welcome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Under CGAB --- navigate to DGTM2, which is located under Tables / Structures field node and assign your phrase set to one field name say PDGF3. PDGF4 (User Defined Field). Then navigate back to SPRO - DG Master - Interfaces - Filling and Distribution --- filling -

Specifiy assignment objects for filling and maintain data there.

Thanks

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The probme is solved I created entry in the product tree. But this was kind of work aroud. But still I am not able to understad previously we were not having entry in CGAB for couple of DG fields. But I was able to see the phrase set assignment in TCG66.

I was trying to find that we for DG normally we do not use property tree and we assign the pharse set against the fileds of the DG Master i.e. available in DGTM2 in CGAB. But our field is a custom field developed in custom tab of DG Master it was not availble in the CGAB under the path explained by you.

Do yop had any inputs on this?

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin

I understand you carried out Specify Tab pages in DG Master and Defined your own structure / Table for DG master creation. Exactly I dont know but I suggest you check " SAPLC11E' program and check respective programs it executes in CGAB transaction.

If the number of custom fields for DG master creation is few, may be you can leaverage the existing system without Table development.

Thanks

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

Just want to make sure that you have assigned the new Characteristic under the Class before running Master Data Match Up?

Please confirm.

Thanks,

BrajeshK