Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate Search Term/2 in Vendor master - ADDR1_DATA-SORT2

jcutinho
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to know the steps to activate the Search Term - 2 in Vendor Master XK01.

Thanks,

Joel Cutinho

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jcutinho
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have discovered the procedure to add the Search Term 2 in Search Help of XK03 Transaction.

1. Goto Se11 -> Search Help, Enter KRED

2. The KRED is Collective Search Help associated with Vendor Maintainence.

3. In the 'Included Search Help' tab, you will find all the 'Search helps'. These will appear when you press F4 in the Vendor Maintainence Transaction.

4. Select any one search help where you would like to insert the Search Term 2 or any associated field you want to include in the search term.

5. Double click and open the search help and you will find 'Selection Method'.

6.Go to SE11 (View) Copy the selection method name and make a Z (copy) of the selection method. In the Z selection method. Go to 'Table/ Join' Tab and insert the table if you want to join any tbale other than LFA1 and then in Join Conditions Match the Key FIelds of both the tables, (Here i have used ADRC as the join with LFA1). Then in 'View fields' add the field (Ex: SORT2)you want to display in the search help. Save and activate.

Note: You can also give selection conditons.

7. Come back to step 5 where you had selected the Selection method, Replace the selection method to Z, which you have created just now. Then in the Search Help parameter add the field that you recently added in the Z.

Note: Use the order of the appearance of the field using (LPOS, SPOS) in the search help parameter. Save and activate.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What do you mean by activate? The field Search Term 2 is already available in the XK01 screen.

Regards,

Vikranth

0 Kudos

Hi Vikrant,

You are right the search term two field is activated. But it cannot be used to search unless it is activated or configured. By default only search term 1 will be active.

While you open the XK01 transaction and F4 on vendor number you get search term in all respective tabs, but there is no option for search term 2. I would like to have it activated.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Jeol,

I understood your question now. You many have to append the search help field you require. Have a look at this link. It may give a idea as to how to start with

[http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/1f/29ef5777df11d2959800a0c929b3c3/frameset.htm]

Regards,

Vikranth

jcutinho
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have discovered the procedure to add the Search Term 2 in Search Help of XK03 Transaction.

1. Goto Se11 -> Search Help, Enter KRED

2. The KRED is Collective Search Help associated with Vendor Maintainence.

3. In the 'Included Search Help' tab, you will find all the 'Search helps'. These will appear when you press F4 in the Vendor Maintainence Transaction.

4. Select any one search help where you would like to insert the Search Term 2 or any associated field you want to include in the search term.

5. Double click and open the search help and you will find 'Selection Method'.

6.Go to SE11 (View) Copy the selection method name and make a Z (copy) of the selection method. In the Z selection method. Go to 'Table/ Join' Tab and insert the table if you want to join any tbale other than LFA1 and then in Join Conditions Match the Key FIelds of both the tables, (Here i have used ADRC as the join with LFA1). Then in 'View fields' add the field (Ex: SORT2)you want to display in the search help. Save and activate.

Note: You can also give selection conditons.

7. Come back to step 5 where you had selected the Selection method, Replace the selection method to Z, which you have created just now. Then in the Search Help parameter add the field that you recently added in the Z.

Note: Use the order of the appearance of the field using (LPOS, SPOS) in the search help parameter. Save and activate.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joel,

Thank you for sharing the solution. That would surely be of help to someone with similar requirement

Regards,

Vikranth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joel, that was very helpful