cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable 'Close' button in Standard billing FPM Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts

Recently we have upgraded our system from EHP3 to EHP4.

Previously i have a Application of same Standard billing type.

Now in EHP4 a new 'Close' button is inserte in toolbar area along with next and previous buttons.

Now i want to disable this close button how can i achieve this?

I have check FPM_GAF_CONFIGURATION here also its not define.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

So you checked the FPM configuration for this application and you didn't find the button, is that what you are saying? Normally the FPM configuration would allow you to disable any buttons defined in the toolbar via the FPM itself. However it is possible that buttons can be added to the FPM toolbar via APIs. This will mean that there is coding in the inner component (not the standard FPM component). If this is the case, then you will need to find this code and adjust it using the Enhancement Framework.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for attending my issue.

I have tried searching for that code but failed.

I will describe the scenerio in which I am not getting the Close Button

When I open FPM_GAF_COMPONENT WDC in SE80 and the execute the application PRS_GAF_APP with application configuration PRS_GAF_APP_CONF, it does not display the Close Button.

But if I run the same with Portal or NWBC, it shows the Close Button.

So if possible please guide me the direction at which I can search for the particular code.

Thanks in Advance.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

I did some digging on the close button. It is not exposed to the configuration of the floorplan. It is inserted by the logic of the FPM Component itself. Look at class CL_FPM_FLOORPLAN_ASSIST, method PREPARE_TOOLBAR. There is section (at line 600 in my system - your version could vary) marked off with *___Button CLOSE___. This logic is what adds the Close button always. There is then logic in WDDOMODIFYVIEW of the CNR_VIEW to hide the button if the closing of the application is not technically possible. There are only certain circumstances where you are allowed to close the Web Dynpro window. Those are documented here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/9b/65e04ea1ae4d9d8cfd329afa43e869/frameset.htm

This explains why you don't see the button on test from SE80, but you do in the NWBC and Portal.

It would seem you would have two choices. You can make a modification or enhancement in your system and change either the FPM assistanace class of the WDDOMODIFYVIEW method. This can effect all FPM applications.

Or you can use Administrative Personalization. Personalization (right mouse click and choose Hide Element on the Button) still works. If you setup your role to allow you to run the application in Admin Mode (URL parameter sap-config-mode=X) temporarily, you can then hide the Close button this way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas

I got the solution by doing configuration settings in Admin mode.

Thanks a lot.

Puneet_Sikarwar
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

In New FPM framework "Close" Button automatically appears in Screen.We want to remove "Close" button permanently . I refered message & found that it can be done but i am still not clear with the steps. Can any one of you help in making "Close" button removed from Screen

I Checked below message & found some one has done it but not able to understand fully.

Best Regards

Puneet

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

As suggested in this thread, you can either modify the SAP code or use Administrative Personalization to hide the close button. Administrative Personalization would be my suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello thomas,

iam currently working on a FPM application and have made the "close" button invisible by following the below steps as given in the sap help.

1. Executed the application in Administrator mode where the URP parameter SAP-CONFIG-MODE=X appears

2. Then in the Current settings of the component customizing, made the close button Invisible.

However i still get the close button When the application is viewed from portal.

*-> Do i require any any additional roles in R/3 to be able to make the customizing. Do i require the auth object S_WDR_P13N apart from S_DEVELOP.

*-> Is there any configuration specific to this in the iview configuration.

It would be of immense help, if you could please share some light on this issue. Thanks.

Regards,

Sridharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does it apply to other buttons as well.

I have similar issue with FPM_OIF_COMPONENT in WDC_WSPO_PO

the component configuration is WDCC_WSPO_QAF_PO

I'm unable to see edit button in se80 but it is showing in portal

Answers (0)