Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input variables in BI7.0 queries not working when BEx Analyzer 3.5 is used

david_nguyen4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

Our queries are built using the BEx query designer for BI 7.0. However, our users are still using BEx Analyzer 3.5 (long story) and when they execute the BI7.0 queries, they do not get the pop up for the input variables. Can someone please advise what I need to do to fix this problem? I know it works as I have seen it in other BI environments.

Thanks,

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181953
Participant
0 Kudos

Make one of the variable mandatory then it should work, if not you need to look into frontend addon on Bex to upgrade.

Shashi

david_nguyen4
Explorer
0 Kudos

It does not matter what type of variable is used, optional or mandatory, nothing comes up at query execution. If there is a mandatory variable, it immediately errors out and disconnect the user. For optional variable, query just executes without prompting the user for an input. Very strange. Any other ideas?

former_member181953
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi David,

please check you patch level on GUI and BEx BI AddOn patch, I am pretty sure you are on old patch.

Shashi

david_nguyen4
Explorer
0 Kudos

My Basis guys informed me that we're on the latest SP and Patch level. Any other ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Just a Quick check, if you run the Query In 7.0 Analyzer do you get the Variable Screen?

Also in 7.0 There is a new Auth Object that needs to be set. Ask your Security team to see if the users have S_BDS_D with value 03.

Hope this Helps

Datta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can not run BI7 queries on 3.5 Bex but you can run 3.5 queries on bi7 bex.

Hope it clear..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Chandu, I am afraid you are wrong, You can always open the either version query in either version of BEx Analyzer. However, you won't be able to open a 7.x query in 3.x query designer.

David, In your case, I am sure it has to be a patch issue. Speak to your basis administrator. If they are on the latest patch level as you have already mentioned, Ask them if they have installed any AddOns. Yes, at times you can face such problems if you havn't installed BI and BW addons.

Let us know.

Rgds,

Sree.

david_nguyen4
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the input folks. I will ask our Basis folks to look into this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

Have you solved the problem about variable selection when 3.5 queries are run in bi7? If yes, please explain.

Thanks and regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

We came across the same situation, could you please let me know, how did you resolved the issue?

Thanks,

Anji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

First run your query in RSRT.

Are you able to open the queries in BI7.0 in any mode?

There may be some issues while migration of queries from 3.5 to 7.0.

Please check them.

Regards,

Rama Murthy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

In WAD BI 7 there are some settings to hide the selection screen.

Check out whether its marked if its marked it will hide the selection screen in Quaery also.

Regards,

Shiva.