cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to read parameter object - error in BO XI server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We have the enterprise edition of Business Objects server XI, which is available in the Solaris 10 machine. We try to upload the rpt file using the Central Management Console Log in, at the time we got the following error.

There was an error while retrieving data from the server: Failed to read data from report file /var/tmp/data_gen_letter.rpt63065d888163420. Reason: Failed to read parameter object.

Can anybodies help me on this, why this error has came.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Vel.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you using Dynamic Parameter in your report? This is the known issue and applying the latest service pack will resolve it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.

I am using the ttx file while developing the report. My client version is crystal report XI SP2. My exact version is 11.5.0.313. My business objects server has the SP4 service pack. i am downloading the latest service pack for my client. i will try this and let u know once it got fixed.

Once again thanks.

Regards,

Vel.

0 Kudos

Hi Val,

Version 313 is the original release of BOE XI R2. You should ahve a support contract which will get you into the gated support site which you can then download SP 4 or 5 to bring you up to date. Be sure to back up everything before installing the patch.

Also, I'm moving this to the BOE forums but suggest you contact support to have an Engineer work with you directly.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Did you resolve your issue if yes please tell me how did you over come this issue

I am facing the same error it s been a pain since long time for me please reply with answer.

Regards,

Neo

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am facing the same issue. I am using BO XI 3.1 (12.1.0) and CR 2008 (12.2.3.467)

Initially I was getting "Failed to read parameter object"

I found this resolution posted

1. Log on to Business View Manager as administrator.

2. Click View > Repository Explorer.

3. Right-click Dynamic Cascading Prompts. Click Edit Rights.

4. Click the appropriate user or group receiving the error. If the group is not present add them.

5. Click the Granted option for the right to View, Edit & Set Security rights.

6. Click OK. Close Business View Manager.

I did the above steps. When I try to save the CR report the first time, the dynamic prompts get added to the Dynamic cascading prompt list in Buss View Mgr, but the report does not get save to BOE. I get an error

Reason: Unable to launch c:\Program File\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\ReportAdd program to add report to the system

If I try to save the same report to BOE again, it gets saved with any error. SO, the first time I try only the dynamic prompts get saved, the next time the report.

Any help on this please?

Answers (0)