Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP type ND

tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have basic question...What is the effect of other MRP fields in MRP 1, 2, 3, 4 if maintained, when MRP type is maintained as ND in MRP 1?

What I want to know is, How system behaves if Strategy group, Availability Check, Selectin Method, Individual/Collective requirement etc fields are maintained when MRP Type is ND? Does it make sense?

Regards,

Tanuj Parikh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks to all experts for reply.

Here, I am getting different opinions on the subject.

Brahamankar/Prasobh/Kumar/Gajesh/Dhaval and all active members,

It seems all repliers has given more or less understandable answersu2026but to have perfect understanding and to eliminate difference of opinion can we say that

1) Field to field it has different effect though ND is maintained and manual Production is taken place

OR

2) ND makes all other fields useless though manual Production Order is created

What to conclude? Please throw light on this.

Regards,

Tanuj Parikh

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

MRP type is consider for MRP run only it has no relation with manual Production order. If you don't want to plan the materail during MRP run then we use the MRP type ND. But if you are creating the manual production order for that material then Availability Check, Selectin Method, Individual/Collective requirement are required.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tanuj,

If "ND" is maintained as MRP type, then planning does not happen through MRP run. This does not mean that sales order or production order would not be created. The data in MPR view are also relevant for other Production / Sales Process apart from MRP.

Hope this clarifies your question,

Regards,

Prasobh

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

rosap06_
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Dear.

First option check MM03 = MRP 1 (MRP procedure)

second option. MRP 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

what will happen if i not maintain MRP type in MRP views?

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijith,

Please open a new thread for your question.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijith,

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijith,

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vijith,

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

tanuj_parikh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all repliers,

Wanted to award max points to you all for your valuable inputs...not much aware of rewarding points till yesterday...

Thanks again.

Regards,

Tanuj Parikh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanuj,

If you do not want to plan the material then you use Mrp Type 'ND' and the material is not included in the planning run .

But you have to maintain the other parameters if you are doing production or when you create production orders manually so that the system can check the availability of raw materials for production , How the system has to consider the group the requirements Individually or collectively etc.

Thanks

srinivas

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tanuj,

Even if MRP type is "ND", you are suppose to maintain other Parameters as this would be helpful for derving other parameters for other processes. Generally a material is maintained with "ND", for a material which is not produced continously and most probably based on Customer order.

If a material is "ND", then only MRP is not relevant, but still production and sales may be happening for that material.

Just to provide an example:

In SD the Item Category for the material in the sales order can be derived based on the MRP type defined in the material. If planning startegy is not maintained the requirement type would also be derived based on the MRP type and Itemcategory stuff. Similarily for the sales availabillity check still the checking group is derived based on what is assigned in the MRP view or sales view.

In PP based on the BOM selection parameters, your BOM/Production version gets selected when a manual production order is created for the material.

Regards,

Prasobh

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tanuj,

If MRP Type is ND , there is no need to maintain any other field.

and if you are changing the type from PD to ND no need to delet thevalues which are already set, as this values will be only taken into account if materials is planning relevant ie type PD or any other then ND.

all the fields available in MRP views are for the materials relevant for MRP or the type of MRP which needs some planning.

Regards

Ritesh

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Doesn't make any sense MRP will not plan that Material. As Planning file entry not create for MRP type ND. You can check this using Transaction MD21.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) Yes if ur giving ND as MRP type, then the fields which u have mentioned will not any value

2) As per my knowledge i am trying to give an example

3) say for example one material type is PD and it's planned in MRP

4) after some days as per business need this material should not be planned by MRP

5) then we can just Go to MRP -1 View and make it as ND.

6) again when it is Required then we can make it PD (with out disturbing other settings)

i Request all Forum members to Correct me if i am wrong

Regards

kumar