cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IEScript Error: ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

nancy_budd
Participant
0 Kudos

Runtime machine has both CR2008 SP1 runtime files and CRXI runtime files installed. Currently only using CRXI components in VB6 code to execute reports (using RDC). Works fine on other clients, suddenly the following error appeared after upgrading to include the CR2008 SP1 runtime components.

Machine is Windows XP, w/IE6.0. Error occurs when user selects OK or Cancel after entering parameter value. Error is:

Internet Explorer Script Error

An error has occurred in the script on this page.

Line: 16

Char: 3

Error: ClassFactory cannot supply requested class

Code: 0

URL: file://C:\Documents and Settings\z049895\Local Settings\Temp\b\prompting.html

Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?

This is a client off-site. I am trying to get more information. I know the report was created in Crystal XI. I am trying to get a listing of all the subfolders and files in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Business Objects\3.0\bin\crystalreportviewers11 folder.

Is there a particular dll that must be registered or might be missing? This was all working before the last install that added the CR2008 SP1 runtime components. They should be a side-by-side install, no problem, however there is a problem! Help please!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run the modules utility and check if any Crystal Reports dlls of version 12.x are loaded by your app.

I assume this error occurs when you try to run a report that has parameter prompts? If that is the case, can you run a report that does not prompt?

If you uninstall CR 2008, does the issue go away?

Ludek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Moving to Legacy Development forum