cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiver RFC adapter issue! Please help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have 4 XI interfaces. All of these are Webservice to RFC scenarios. Moreover all of them are synchronous.

Request message: Webservice (SOAP Adapter) ---> XI -

> RFc Adapter ---> ECC Function modules

Response message: Webservice (SOAP Adapter) <- XI <

RFc Adapter <- ECC Function modules

As you can see above, external system calls XI web service via SOAP Adapter. The input data is then sent from SOAP Adapter to RFC adapter to call RFC function module in the receiving side. The receiving system is SAP ECC system.

The receiver ECC system has two instances. For example SP0 ad SP1.

In the receiver determination step we have maintained a rule such that if the Plant value in the input message is XYZ then send data to SP0. But if the plant value in ABC then send data to SP1.

This Conditional rule is working fine.

However we are getting couple of issues with only one instance of ECC (SP0).

1. com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException: Message badfa070-b163-11de-a4c1-001cc495e48a(INBOUND) expired

2. NO_MAPPINGPROGRAM_FOUND. Mapping program is not available in runtime cache: Object ID C2B41FFDFD4635BAB1E41AE53C0D10CE Software Component 5394F420463611DAC1CFFBBC0A01BC16

3. com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: No response available

The above listed errors are generated occasionally. Sometimes no errors are generated even when the same input data is sent again and message is successfully processed.

I have verified the input data and everything is OK with that.

Mapping object is available in XI and cache was also refreshed. I additionally reactivated the objects in XI as well.

So what could be the real root cause of this? Please help!

Thanks

Gopal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem could be due to temporary cache issue. Refresh the CPA Cache and then try again.

Secondly make sure that in your ID configuration you have selected the correct Message Interface & Interface Mapping which contains the correct Mapping.

Regards,

Sarvesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
1. com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException: Message badfa070-b163-11de-a4c1-
001cc495e48a(INBOUND) expired

Check the Timeout parameter of your adapter.....for requests which expire with this error confirm from the SAP end that the message processing is done well within the Timeout period of the adapter.

Refer this note for more info on the above occuring error and the possible way to avoid it: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/791379

Update:

Even problem 3 seems to be occuring due to insufficient Timeout specified for the adapter.....if possible try increasing the Timeout in VA

Regards,

Abhishek.

Edited by: abhishek salvi on Oct 6, 2009 1:42 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like there can be couple of problems

1. Check the response time taken by the RFC for returning the response ..may be in some cases its taking long time than expected.. check the network latency..if in production.. also check the response time of RFC by executing the same in ECC..

2. Check the RFC destination INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI when even an error occurs that NO_MAPPING _FOUND ..

there can be a problem with the RFC destionation of the above..which results in failure of updating/accessing the CPA Cache..

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

What is INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI? I am not using this in my XI configuration.

Can you provide some more insight into this? How and when INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI used?

Please help

Thanks & Regards

Gopal

Edited by: GOPAL BALIGA on Nov 9, 2009 6:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI is the RFC destinaiton name configured in SAP PI server for cache refresh between the integration directory and integration server..

once the cache gets updated in the Integration server from the directory then the same be used at runtime by the integration engine...

go to SM59 tcode and check for the same...it will be of type H

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

RFC INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI is internally used by integration Engin to refresh Cache while running scenario.

Which can be problem in ur case. so just check it.

Regards,

Manisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I think problem may not be there with INTEGRATION_DIRECTORY_HMI. This is because all other interfaces are working. Only 4 interfaces in my project are failing with NO_MAPPING_FOUND error.

Anyway I will tell my BASIS to check this RFC destination.

thanks

Gopal