cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

movement type configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am trying to set up moving stocks directly to fixed bin using special movement indicator.

Found the below in SAP documentation:

==========

Each time a goods receipt is posted for material ABC, you want to move the material directly to storage bin FIX-ABC in storage type 005 of warehouse number 001 without creating a transfer requirement or transfer order. To do this, you need to set up the system as follows:

1. Create the fixed bin FIX-ABC in storage type 005 that is defined in the standard system using the fixed bin search strategy.

2. Create a special movement indicator for your warehouse number.

3. Add the special movement indicator and the fixed bin FIX-ABC to the material master for material ABC.

4. Create a new WM movement type to move materials directly into fixed bins without creating transfer orders or transfer requirements.

5. In the reference movement type table, create a new entry that links an appropriate IM movement type to the new movement type using the special movement indicator.

==============

I have completed the steps 1 to 3. I am not sure of step 4. Can some one please give me configuration steps?

Appreciate your help as always.

regards

muthuraman.d

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, you can continue.

4. Go to OMLJ. Copy 101 Movement Type of your Warehouse Number to a new Movement Type (say 901).

Give Source storage type & bin as 005 & FIX-ABC.

5. In the reference movement type table, create a new entry that links an appropriate IM movement type 
to the new movement type using the special movement indicator.

5. Say your IM movement type is 101.

Reference movement type is 101 in Reference movement type table against 101.

Go to OMLR. Give 901 to combination of your warehouse, 101, special movement indicator (of step 2). Dont select TR/PCN & TO

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all,

Each time a goods receipt is posted for material ABC, you want to move the material directly to

the fixed storage bin FIX-ABC in storage type 005 of warehouse number 001 without creating a

transfer requirement or transfer order. To do this, you need to set up the system as follows:

1. Create the fixed storage bin FIX-ABC in storage type 005 that is defined in the standard

system using the fixed bin search strategy. (See Stock Placement Strategy F: Fixed Storage

Bin Page 359)

2. Create a special movement indicator for your warehouse number.

3. Add the special movement indicator and the fixed storage bin FIX-ABC to the material master

for material ABC. (Be sure to enter storage type 005 in the organizational level dialog box

when creating the material master).

4. Create a new WM movement type to move materials directly into fixed storage bins without

creating transfer orders or transfer requirements.

5. In the reference movement type table, create a new entry that links an appropriate IM

movement type to the new movement type using the special movement indicator.

i follow the above all the steps but the stock not moved to my fixed bin (005),instead of that its moved to shelf storage bin(002) . plz,try to solve my problem.

Appreciate your help as always.

regards

muthuraman.d

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have repeated what you said in your first post.

Can you explain what you have done exactly as well as your process clearly?

I mean in 2nd step what is the special movement indicator you have created?

in 4h step what is the WM movement type you have created?

When did you get stock posted into 002. Is it after GR with 101 or after creation of TO in WM?

If you explain clearly, it will be easy to identify the error. because all the 5 steps are correct & full. I hope in these 5 steps only you have missed out some where.

Answers (0)