Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWI reports not progressing to complete in Export call

george_ainiveettil
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing an issue in report progressing ,through export call.Infact we are running an interface run to export released MSDS from SAP to another place.Now the reports are getting generated and released.Later on the status changes to work in progress and Bundled.

once in Bundled stage,reports are not progressing.Status changes to "Errors found"

Details : The results file of generation are not found in WWI server.

This look so strange to me as the reports are generated to completed status if manually created(Manual call) or with SD call .

Servers when tested,all RFC'are correctly working ...

Pl let me know if you have any valuable inputs in this issue.

Thanks&Regards

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

It seems system if not capturing the "EVENT".

Check RCVDEVEN - Reporting program.

Thanks

Jayakumar

george_ainiveettil
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jayakumar,

Appreciate your early reply. I dont know if RCVDEVEN will have an issue as the other calls (SD and manual) generate the reports correctly.

Any other thoughts ?We are really stuck up as tech team is not much aware of this process.

Thanks&Regards

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello George

Check this SAP Note 1058521 - Error messages that occur during report generation.

C$ 830 Error on WWI server &1: Results file not found.

Thanks

Jayakumar

george_ainiveettil
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Jayakumar,

I will have a look into that and let you know.

Regards

George

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the export call might be configured to create different file format than regular SD call (e.g. PDF vs. RTF). If this is the case it will only work if WWI server is configured accordingly (meaning: if you have configured output format PDF you need to tell WWI how to create a PDF from RTF/Word version of the document).

So if your customizing config defines PDF as output format, but WWI server is not adjusted, WWI server will look for <filename>.PDF rather than <filename>.RTF - and fail.

Regards

Ralf

george_ainiveettil
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the reply.The out put is generated by export call like this...Once the report is in completed status,it will generate the required out put as a .pdf and .xml file in the application server

In SD call and manual .rtf is generated as per usual.

The parameter values also getting generated from SAP side when i checked and everything is fine till bundling..Once in bundling,it says the result file cannot be seen in WWI server.

Thanks

George

former_member212503
Participant
0 Kudos

I am also having the similar issue . All the reports goes to either in progress or bundled and will never move to the completed status .

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear George

after rereading your topic: especially "Once the report is in completed status,it will generate the required out put as a .pdf and .xml file in the application server"

I have a question: using standard set upand "only" enhancing "simply" EHS only generate the fiel as ".pdf". There is no support for XML. Some discussing is running here for XML; but forhget this as not "useful"...

IF you have done proper set up on WWI servers then then WWI server should be able to generate the "ifnal report". Without knowledge about the customizing details for  thsi process nofurther help is possible.

C.B:

PS: please chek the very good explanaiton here:https://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/d8/bab85055872909e10000000a445394/content.htm?fram...

That means which "exit "must be there (and properly customized)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Krishna

I recommend that you should tale a look to the page:

Report Shipping Status Network - Product Safety (EHS-SAF) - SAP Library

and check the customizing you have done.

C.B.

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

XML can be generated from SAP EHS if you communicate the exposure scenario for your eSDS via XML attachments to the E-mail you send to the client.

Kind Regards

Mark

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mark

1.) yes you are right. Ifthe SAP release is "good" enough you can communicate via XML; but only ! for exposure scenario in REACH area

2.) you can not process the "full" SDS via XML (by SAP standard); this has been discussed very often here;

But may be you can help: By SAP standard you can generate only "one" output (either "*.ps" file or "*pdf file". There was never ever the need to go deeper:

Do you see any kind of chance like this:;

Assume the SDS should be processed via eMail. Can the process be designed in such a way that in the same eMail the customer will get e.g. "pdf" and "rtf" file (*.ps file does not really make sense) (based on one SD_CALL overall process?

Personally: i believe his is not possible: but there might be the chance, based on the same SD_CALL

we could create two entries i CVD1 for the same "trigger" reason and at the end one wil be satisfied via "pdf" document and the second via "rtf" document? But this would be I believe quite !"big" customer enhancement of thé general report distribution process.

C.B.