cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Entry Adjustments in Tax reporter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

1) I wanted to know when we use Manual Entries in Tax Reporter.

2) What is the significance of Pay date in Manual Entry Adjustment Screen ?

3) Do Manual Entries have any impact on Payroll?

Any documents related to Manual Entry adjustments will help me.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manual adjustment of entries in Tax Reporter is designed so that you can correct discrepancies in employee records without impacting payroll results. You can also use manual entry adjustments to generate tax forms for employees who are being paid on a non-SAP payroll system, such as executive payroll outsourcing. The Pay date is normally used as the reporting period end date.

Tables T5UT1 and T5UT2 are used to manually adjust tax forms.

· Table T5UT1 is used when it is necessary to adjust reporting amounts calculated by Tax Reporter. This is simply a way to plug an amount on a tax form and does not permanently adjust the employeeu2019s payroll results. Therefore, beyond the table entries in table T5UT1, there is no permanent audit trail visible in the employeeu2019s payroll results. Example: You recognize in January that the employeeu2019s box 1 amount is incorrect on the W-2 form. Rather than create an Infotype 221 entry to adjust payroll results, you simply want to make the W-2 reflect the proper amounts.

This method is frequently used in the year of go-live to correct inaccurate YTD load amounts.

· Table T5UT2 serves a similar purpose. However, T5UT2 is for adjusting summary reporting amounts rather than those at the employee level. For example, customers who are not using SAP Third Party Remittance can utilize table T5UT2 to input Form 941 withholding amounts for the quarter.

For more information, refer to the user guide entitled u201CNew User Interface and Processing for Manual Entriesu201D on SAP Service Marketplace at http://service.sap.com/hrusa u2192 Documentation u2192 User Guides u2192 New User Interface and Processing for Manual Entries.

Hope this helps.

regards,

Bhaskar

Euna
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Tried to adjust the manual entry already run production. It says that I need to create another entry with a different pay date, but when W-2 is run again, it doesn't reflect the new entry. However, it does if I drop 'worksite' with the same pay date.

Would it affect somehow in any way?

Regards,

Cellyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

You use manual entries when you need to create manual adjustments for the pay date that is required. Manual entries in tax reporter do not effect payroll. For more information please reference the Tax Reporter Guide.

Regards,

Manny