cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message screen open by default

0 Kudos

Dear Experts!

I have a question about the Message screen.

On the right side you are able to see messages(errors, warnings) on a little screen..

My problem is, that if you want to see the message you have to open this little screen. Is there a possibility to have this message screen open by default?

Many thanks,

Isabel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Patrick_McMahon
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Isabel,

This is possible via the stylesheet so there are no performance implications. Use the Skin Workbench to create your own skin, if you need to, and change thtmlb_stand.css to add the following:

.th-mes-cont {
 display: block;
  width: 387px;
}

This will work for the first time in and can be set again by JavaScript afterwards.

Patrick.

karsten_fehmer
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Isabel,

as far as I know it is not recommended to change the appearance of the CRM 7.0 message area to "view opened up" (performance reasons?!).

It is possible though to use standard customizing (functional profile PARAMETERS -> INPLACE_MESSAGE_AREA) in order to switch on the "old" message area.

HTH,

Karsten

0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks, for your answer!

Could you please tell me the exactely way to change this?

Many thanks

Isabel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

does anybody know the answer? If have the same problem. The new message box isn't very helpful and so we want to use the old one.

Best regards

Sascha Federau

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The solution is provided in the following OSS note:

Note 1288501 - WebCUIF: Message area, missing parameter in customizing

Regards,

Nicolas Busson.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karsten,

I have the PARAMETERS function profile already occupied with the value "UTIL_IC". Is there a way to set both in the function profile?

Thanks for your answer.

Miguel

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, Miguel.

Unfortunately the answer is no. But there is a simple workaround. Copy function profile UTIL_IC to custom one. For instance ZUTIL_IC and adjust this new one according to your needs. As far as you're asking in this discussion I believe you'd like to add parameter INPLACE_MESSAGE_AREA. So add it to your new profile. And assign this profile ZUTIL_IC to your business role instead of UTIL_IC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Andrei,

Thanks for your reply. I think there is a misunderstanding. The function profile that we use to set the profile value UTIL_IC is the function profile PARAMETERS, where, as far as I know, it only accepts one profile value. To enable the "old" message display I need to apply UTIL_IC and INPLACE_MESSAGE_AREA profile values.

Is there a workaround in this case?

Thanks again.

Miguel

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Miguel,

UTIL_IC on your screenshot is just a profile of parameters (parameters' profile) which you maintain in SPRO -> CRM -> UI Framework -> Technical Role Definition -> Define Parameters.

For instance here is a definition of ZUTIL_IC there:

May be you have more parameters assigned to UTIL_IC profile but in my system UTIL_IS is just empty.

And after that assign this profile as PARAMETERS in desired business role instead of UTIL_IC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Understood Andrei!!!

Thanks