cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCo Callback from SAP BW to Data Federator fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues,

we installed the latest SAP BO Data Federator 3.0 SP2 on a Wiindows XP SP3 notebook and want to connect a SAP BW 7.01 SP5 InfoProvider (a DSO, strictly speaking) as a datasource. I suceeded in configuring the datasource: Data Federator recognized the DSO in the SAP BW on a different server. The datasource shows all the fields contained in that DSO. But when I run the Query tool of the Data Federator Designer to test the data transfer from SAP BW to Data Federator, I get the following error message:

"SAP NetWeaver BI has reported an RFC error: Error during RFC callback: RFC destination DF_JCO_MUCN0608 does not exist.

SAP NetWeaver BI server cannot reach a callback server on this host. Make sure the resource property 'callbackServerProgramID' is correctly set... E-ERROR=99"

I checked the SAP Notes dealing with the callback without success. Here are the configuration data:

SAP BW 7.01 - retrieved with transaction SM59:

RFC Destination DF_JCO_MUCN0608

Connection Type T

Registered Server Program [checked]

Program ID DF_JCO_MUCN0608

Start of external program - Default Gateway Value [checked]

CPI-C Timeout - Default Gateway Value [checked]

Gateway Host 80.90.100.213

Gateway Service [empty]

Data Federator - DF Query Server Administrator:

Resource: jco.sap.NetWeaverBI

authorityCheck false

callbackServerProgramId DF_JCO_MUCN0608

maxTablePathLenght 1

packageSize 200

By the way, 80.90.100.213 is the IP address of the notebook running Data Federator.

I wonder ...

How can I fond out if the JCo Callback Server is actually running on the Data Federator platform?

How is the JCo Callback Server being started, anyway?

Do you see any mistake in the configurations I made?

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Johannes

Edited by: Johannes Bruns on Oct 19, 2009 8:38 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you configure in SE38 with Program RSDRI_DF_CONFIGURE the name ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo,

thank you for your reminder. I have in fact cofigured the callback RFC connection exactly as mentioned in the "Data Federator User Guide", section "Configuring SAP NetWeaver BI connectors".

To be sure, I repeated this step just a minute before with a SAP user id that posseses the entire authorizations, more than my own user id has. And guess what happened - it works now! Data Federator retrieves the content from my DSO as intended.

The cause for all the trouble obviously were missing permissions of the SAP user that called the function module RSDRI_DF_CONFIGURE in the first place. I did not realize this because the function module completed its work and the result screen did not show any hint of a failure.

Thank you for your assistance, Ingo.

Have a nice day!

Regards

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find my server details below and i have configured in SE37 "RSDRI_DF_CONFIGURE"

SAP BW 7.01 - retrieved with transaction SM59:

RFC Destination DF_JCO_INTCOVBO1

Connection Type T

Registered Server Program checked

Program ID DF_JCO_INTCOVBO1

Start of external program - Default Gateway Value checked

CPI-C Timeout - Default Gateway Value checked

Gateway Host: intcovsap1

Gateway Service sapgw10

Data Federator - DF Query Server Administrator:

Resource: jco.sap.NetWeaverBI

authorityCheck false

callbackServerProgramId DF_JCO_INTCOVBO1

maxTablePathLenght 1

packageSize 200

By the way, intcovsap1 is the IP address of the notebook running sap server.

But Iu2019m getting the following error while checking in Objects in Query Server Administrator:

Make sure that the resource property "callbackServerProgramID" is correctly set. Please read the user guide for details on how to configure Data Federator for SAP Netweaver BI connectivity. E_ERROR=99(Error code: 10101)

And I'm unable to Get the gateway parameters section while creating DS connection in designer.

I'm using Data Federator SP2, FP 1 and SAP NetWeaver BI 7.01 SP3

What should be done for getting data? Do i need to add any jar files. Please assist me.

Thanks in Advance..

Regards,

Murali.

Edited by: Muralikumar Mariappan on Feb 10, 2010 1:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

Can you please make the verification described in this SAP note:

[https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/1426509|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap/support/notes/1426509]

If this doesn't fix your problem, please send content of dev_jco.trc file. And give us the DF version you are using.

Jean-Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jean-Pierre,

Thanks for helping me. i have gone thru the SAP Note and done everything as per the Note. But still facing same issue. "Make sure that the resource property "callbackServerProgramID" is correctly set. Please read the user guide for details on how to configure Data Federator for SAP Netweaver BI connectivity. E_ERROR=99(Error code: 10101)". Here i have pasted the content of dev_jco.trc file. The VERSION of DF is "Data Federator SP2, FP 1 and SAP NetWeaver BI 7.01 SP3"

dev_jco.trc file content:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Error file opened at 20100225 190517 GMT+05:30 Rel 3.0.1 (2008-10-21) [711.15]

Exception thrown [Thu Feb 25 19:05:17,091]:Exception thrown by application running in JCo Server

com.sap.conn.jco.JCoRuntimeException: (127) JCO_ERROR_FIELD_NOT_FOUND : Field I_BXDATA not a member of INPUT

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.AbstractMetaData.indexOf(AbstractMetaData.java:377)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.AbstractRecord.getByteArray(AbstractRecord.java:2788)

at LeSelect.Wrappers.SapNWBI.B.E.A(y:197)

at LeSelect.Wrappers.SapNWBI.B.D.handleRequest(y:100)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker$FunctionDispatcher.handleRequest(DefaultServerWorker.java:923)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker$FunctionDispatcher.handleRequest(DefaultServerWorker.java:852)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.dispatchRequest(DefaultServerWorker.java:142)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.dispatchRequest(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2852)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.listen(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2151)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.dispatch(DefaultServerWorker.java:259)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.loop(DefaultServerWorker.java:321)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.run(DefaultServerWorker.java:220)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Exception thrown [Thu Feb 25 19:13:26,529]:Exception thrown by application running in JCo Server

com.sap.conn.jco.JCoRuntimeException: (127) JCO_ERROR_FIELD_NOT_FOUND : Field I_BXDATA not a member of INPUT

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker$FunctionDispatcher.handleRequest(DefaultServerWorker.java:923)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker$FunctionDispatcher.handleRequest(DefaultServerWorker.java:852)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.dispatchRequest(DefaultServerWorker.java:142)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.dispatchRequest(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2852)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.listen(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2151)

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.dispatch(DefaultServerWorker.java:259)

Exception thrown [Thu Feb 25 19:13:30,904]:Exception thrown by application running in JCo Server

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please do the needful.

Thanks and Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Murali,

Apply this note should fix your problem:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1323198

Maybe you will need to install NW BI 7.01 SP05 also.

If you want to be sure to have latest note applied, you can follow this composite note:

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1322341

Let me know the result

Jean-Pierre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there Murali,

I was just wondering whether the error has been resolved after applying OSS NOTE : 1323198.

I am asking this because I am getting the same error and would like to confirm with you before applying all the OSS Notes and prerequisites.

Thanks a lot

Rahman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Still the problem not yet resolved. i did the same as per note but no fruitfull things.