cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Pre-Sales

Former Member
0 Kudos

Presales means the activities before closing the deal.What is the future growth of SAP Pre-Sales i-e career wise?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

Presales is definitely an exciting career and depending upon your background, you could choose between technical and non-technical presales. Another classification is Products or Services sales. Generally for product sales, experienced people having expert knowledge of the product tend to land into such careers. Services sales is a but different and product-specific knowledge is not required much.

I believe a person is a better judge of his/her capacity for such a role as in case of professional firms, its not only about going to firms and delivering presentations. Although this is where you might start, you have to be a part of the overall sales strategy, go-to-market strategy, budgeting, marketing campaigns etc. as in the end, it is about the revenue you have generated for the firm. It is definitly a promising and exciting career path for the RIGHT person.

SAP Presales is a good career path but doing presales is much more about knowing SAP, the product. You will have to understand the firm's business goals and how to best position the firm against its competitors. In the long run, you must be able to depict an insight into the overall market and how to capitalize upon the opportunities that exist.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks! Shehryar Khan for your time & effort to give your suggestion on that pRE-sALES Topic.I was also concerned that most people says this is not to be taken as a Career.Its just about going & meeting your client but for expertise you have to call respective consultant.

As you said choose b/w Technical but non-Technical.But I think Technical is given more weightage & for that you should have consultancy background without that you can't be technically expert.

Thanks Once again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi my name is Adam i am 23 years old and i am from Lansdale, PA. I will be graduating from University in 1 year and 7 months. My background is sales and i have been very succesful from a young age while growing in a company from the bottom to the top. I want to pursue a career in SAP Pre-Sales, but i am unsure on what courses to take to gain the knowledge of getting this position in the future. I like this position as i feel i meet the skills necessary for selling the products, but i don't have the knowledge of the product and this is were i need help.

I need to know what modules or courses to take to gain the fundamentals of selling SAP? I would be greatly appreciated for any additional information on this position. Also what is the average salary in Pre-sales?

Thanks

Adam

former_member183529
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks Great insight on presale..... thank you my understanding is better now....

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a typical sales cycle of ERP,there will be 3 stages..Contact(cold calling/initating the conversation with a CIO),Lead ,and Prospecting  .

A presales person starts from the initial contact phase (may be managed by a lead managment group in ome organisations)and  ends once the sale is made.

Responsibilties of a Pre sales consultant are ususally,Preparation of Proposals ,Demonstrating some of the ERP products and explaining how it can help their business,creating some Proof of concept(prototypes) etc.

Since ERP is heavily customizable and since the needs of different customers are  often unique a Pre Sales guy helps the customer to ensure his requirements are aptly solved.

former_member183529
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for great insight into presale.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working as SAP Functional Consultant for MM in Siemens. I need to know about the job profile and career prospects as a Pre-Sales Consutlant. What is the career path as a pre-sales consultant? How is the global market of this field?

Regards.