cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tp return code 12 while trying to release a request in enhanced CTS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have installed PI 7.1 on windows with Oracle DB. I have followed all the pre requisites to configure enhanced CTS feature and configured Enhanced CTS making DEV as source system and QAS and PRD as Target Systems. For the firast time when i tested i was able to export --> Release and then import but from the second time when i m trying to release a request it has been showing the error tp return code 12.

I didnt get a hint for this in SAP Notes orin any other place. Could you please help me in solving this.

Thanks,

Subbu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Please check the transport logs in STMS for the partcular transport request.

You will get some hints as to what is the issue.

Please paste the logs if you are not able to resolve.

Cheers...,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have visited the logs written when i m trying to release the request from PID to PIQ. It has been showing the error:

Buffer "/usr/sap/trans/buffer/PIQ" is writable. the request's target PIQ.000 is client dependent but the target system cannot handle that.

Based on the error whn i checked into transport routes of STMS. i found that one route (test Independent) is directed to 000 of PIQ and from PIQ "Prod Independent" is directed to 000 of PIP.

While Configuring Enhanced CTS there is no step Specifying the client of the target systems (i.e. for PIQ and PIP), we will only specify the Source Client ()i.e. for PID.

I am planning to re - configure TMS again. But i think Enhanced CTS works in the same manner again. Please suggest me.

Thanks,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mister subbarayudu panguluri

you can check your configuration of your CTS+ with these documentations:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/9a/775de286874bc78dcb1470bc80f0f9/frameset.htm|help.sap.com, configuration of CTS+]

Best practice

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/10456aac-44f7-2a10-1fbe-8b7bcd7bcd58&overridelayout=true]

Notes

1003674 - Enhancement for non-ABAP systems in CTS

1146170 - CTS+: Changes from NW 7.0 SP13 -> NW 7.0 SP14

1145268 - CTS+: Changes from NW 7.0 SP12 -> NW 7.0 SP13

1155884 - CTS+, configuration 'close coupling': Troubleshooting guide

Dont forget to configure target business system in SLD.

Regards,

Nor

Edited by: Nor Goudjil on Nov 9, 2009 5:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

Usually 000 will not be a PI client. Either it will be 001 or any other custom client. I hope the CTS configuration is incorrect.

Check the documents as given by NOR to recheck your CTS+ configuration.

Cheers...,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for your reply.. I have reconfigured TMS in ABAP side and did CTS configuration again.

We have PID, PIQ and PIP in our landscape and PID is our domain controller (PID --> PIQ --> PIP). I have configured CTS making PID as source system and PIQ and PIP as target systems.

By doing above configuration i am able to transport from PID to PIQ but i am not able to transport from PID to PIP? I have a basic understanding that trasnports to PIP should happen from PIQ .

But i have doubt here whether can I configure PIQ as Source and Target System also.

I have followed the Guide "How To ... Configure Enhanced CTS for SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 SP06". I just want to transport JAVA objects from PID or PIQ, could you please tell me how?

Thanks,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

When you transport java object with CTS+, you must also configure all target system PIQ and PIP:

CTS Deploy Web Service,

Configuration http Connection

Configuration logical Port

Creation CTS User

Specifique Configuration STMS

See help sap

Nor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nor,

Thanks for the reply..

First i have configured PID as source and PIQ & PIP as Target systems. i am able to transport only from PID to PIQ but not from PID to PIP or PIQ to PIP..

Then, i have configured PID as source system, PIQ as source and Target system (I did all the configurations which needs to be done for Source systema s well as for target system) and PIP as target system.. even though when i m trying to transport objects from PIQ web GUI i am not able to see the target system as PIP.

Could you please give me an idea how to configure a transport route from PID --> PIP or PIQ --> PIP.

Thanks,

Subbu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subbu,

You need to configure standard three system landscape when you have DEV,QA and PRD.

Else you can configure two system landscape i.e DEV and PROD in the domain controller.

If you configure three system landscape, then the transports will be from DEV->QA->PROD.

You cannot directly transport from DEV->PROD.

When you import the request in QA the request will get added to PROD queue.

If you are facing an issue at this point then check the transport logs.

Please revert with logs.

Cheeers...,

Raghu