cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get Process information from SAPOSCol webservice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I installed and configured the RCA (Diagnostics), but when I tried to retrieve data from the Host tab.

I don't receive any information, but checking the Agent log (SMDAgentApplication)....

-

Nov 6, 2009 7:56:15 AM [Thread[JavaMacro_Executor,5,main]] Error Cannot get Process information from SAPOSCol webservice

[EXCEPTION]

java.rmi.RemoteException: Service call exception; nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

at com.sap.smd.agent.wsclients.saposcol.SAPOscolStub.getTopCPUProcesses(SAPOscolStub.java:737)

at com.sap.smd.agent.wsclients.saposcol.SAPOscolStub.getTopCPUProcesses(SAPOscolStub.java:745)

at com.sap.smd.plugin.macro.os.TopStat.runSAPOSColWS(TopStat.java:38)

at com.sap.smd.plugin.macro.JavaMacro.run(JavaMacro.java:71)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:664)

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:522)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:470)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:367)

at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:180)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.initStreamsFromSocket(HTTPSocket.java:682)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.initializeStreams(HTTPSocket.java:504)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxm.soap.HTTPSocket.getOutputStream(HTTPSocket.java:461)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.HTTPTransport.getRequestStream(HTTPTransport.java:408)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.outputMessage(MimeHttpBinding.java:557)

at com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.wsdl2java.soapbinding.MimeHttpBinding.call(MimeHttpBinding.java:1444)

at com.sap.smd.agent.wsclients.saposcol.SAPOscolStub.getTopCPUProcesses(SAPOscolStub.java:730)

... 4 more

-

When I run the Setup Wizard of my Managed System, I noted this message:

-

Step Wilyhost Agent Details

(...)

1 Wilyhost Agent(s) from host bnsr3dci is connected to the EM.

90 seconds after restarting the WilyHostAgent the data of the following action is still missing in EM: SAP OsCol - null

Please check SMDAgentApplication log files for warnings and errors.

Wilyhost Agent setup finished successfully with limitations. Data of at least one action is not available in Enterprise Manager

-

Apparently is a problem with the information retrieve for the SAPoscol.

Any idea ?

Regards,

Juan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check saposcol is running on the server ---> "saposcol -s" on command line on the host will display status

If it is running check it is using CPU - if Windows perhaps a stop start is required (bearing in mind you could lose

OS monitoring data during a stop/start)

If the problem is obtaining the data then you need to check the method used to read or obtain the data - could be an RFC issue or a problem with the Agent or agent installation

Best regards

Stuart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your answer.

I installed the SAP Host Agent (new version) but when I run the Setup Wizard I still received the message "90 seconds after restarting the WilyHostAgent the data of the following action is still missing in EM: SAP OsCol - null"

And new error on SMDAgentApplication log:

Nov 9, 2009 8:57:27 AM [Thread[Thread-30,5,main]] Error com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.SapAgent - startActions():

[EXCEPTION]

com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.PermanentException: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.AbstractAction.handleError(AbstractAction.java:324)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.SapOsColAction.launchDaemon(SapOsColAction.java:448)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.SapOsColAction.initSapOsCol(SapOsColAction.java:387)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.SapOsColAction.init(SapOsColAction.java:112)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.SapAgent.startActions(SapAgent.java:397)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.SapAgent.start(SapAgent.java:98)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.WilyHostService.startAgent(WilyHostService.java:112)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.WilyHostServicep4_Skel.dispatch(WilyHostServicep4_Skel.java:168)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._runInternal(DispatchImpl.java:319)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl._run(DispatchImpl.java:200)

at com.sap.engine.services.rmi_p4.DispatchImpl.run(DispatchImpl.java:716)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:664)

Caused by: java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory

at java.lang.UNIXProcess.<init>(UNIXProcess.java:148)

at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:65)

at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:451)

at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:591)

at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:429)

at java.lang.Runtime.exec(Runtime.java:326)

at com.sap.smd.wily.hostagent.action.SapOsColAction.launchDaemon(SapOsColAction.java:446)

... 10 more

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stuart,

Where I can check this ?

"If the problem is obtaining the data then you need to check the method used to read or obtain the data - could be an RFC issue or a problem with the Agent or agent installation"

Regards,

Juan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Were you able to solve this issue?

I am facing the exact same error. SAPOScol is running as a service on the Windows host.

Regards

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sardeshmukh,

I open a OSS message with SAP, here the last answer:

"Finally, it seems that there is a problem with the combination of Solution Manager 7.01 SP04 and SMD Agent 7.11 in relation to saposcol and SAP Host Agent. We need to provide a fix. It will be available on the next patch of 7.01 SP04 (patch 4). I will let you know when the patch will be available on SMP"

So if you have the same combination like me:

Solution Manager 7.0 EhP 1

SMD Agent 7.11

You need to wait until SAP release a patch.

Regards,

Juan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Thank you for your response.

I am using the same combination. Too unfortunate. I am preparing the system for a GL Check and need SMD configured asap.

Maybe it will make more sense to install an earlier version of the standalon Diagnostic Host Agent then?

Regards

Shantanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sardeshmukh,

the LM-Service 7.01 SP04 Patch 4 has been released.

I installed it, and now WORKS !

Regards,

Juan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan Piaggio,

I am at LMService SP6 patch 1, still i am getting the same error and Host data is not available.

Could you please guide me

regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your issue solved ??

I am aslo having same issue ,Can you please let me know how to solve it ?

We are on patch LM SERVICE SP7 .

Created 0 action(s).

1 Wilyhost Adapter(s) from host fsbx01 is connected to the Enterprise Manager(s).

90 seconds after restarting the Wilyhost Adapter the data of the following action is still missing in EM: SAP OsCol - null

Wilyhost Agent setup finished successfully with limitations. Data of at least one action is not available in Enterprise Manager.

Thanks in Advance

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any answer for this issue? I am facing the same:

Created 4 action(s).

1 Wilyhost Adapter(s) from host gralla is connected to the Enterprise Manager(s).

90 seconds after restarting the Wilyhost Adapter the data of the following action is still missing in EM: SAP OsCol - null

Wilyhost Agent setup finished successfully with limitations. Data of at least one action is not available in Enterprise Manager

SAP Solution Manager EhP 1 SPS23

- SAP LMSERVICE SP7

SAP Host Agent 7.11

Thanks,

Ernest

Edited by: Ernest Gutierrez Roca on Jun 21, 2010 4:43 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

...same here, SPS24 and LMSERVICE SP7...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

had the same problem. Solution is described in note 1400891. After adding 'SAPOscol' at the end of the mentioned line in host_profile and restarting SAPHostAgent and Diagnostics Agent the error disappeared.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gianni,

the note you mentioned would probably fix the issue - I fixed it with installing Diagnostics Agent 7.20 instead of 7.11. With this version, the hostctrl Agent gets automatically installed too. Everything fine now

Regards,

Pascal