Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization trace for another user

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ST01, I don't have any problems executing authorization trace on my own userid.

However, when I try to execute authorization trace on another use, nothing shows up in the Analysis. Here's what I did:

1) Execute ST01

2) Click on General Filters button and specify userid in field "Trace for User only"

3) Select "Authorization Check" option only under Trace Components

4) Click Trace On button

---> Ask the user to execute the transaction (example: post payment thru transaction code FP05)

5) Click Trace Off button

6) Click Analysis button

7) In Options for Trace Analysis, select "Authorization Check" option only under Trace Records

😎 in Options for Trace Analysis, specify the userid in field Usernam

9) Execute button

Nothing came out in the report. I even check the execution time to make sure its within the range. but nothing came out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> In ST01, I don't have any problems executing authorization trace on my own userid.

>

> Nothing came out in the report. I even check the execution time to make sure its within the range. but nothing came out.

in case your system has more than one server (CI, application servers), please note that you have to run the trace on the same server the user is logged on to. first check in SM51 whether there are more than one instance. secondly check in AL08 on which server the user is logged in, then go back to SM51 and switch machines.

repeat your procedure.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

but nothing came out

means some error\information it would given. Whats that information\error

While opening the analysis, you need to give user name, client and transactioin.You need to give correct inputs. If you give wrong user name or wrong tcode, it will say no history data found

Just crosscheck whether you are following correct procedure to trace the analysis.

I don't think so some technical issue is there.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> In ST01, I don't have any problems executing authorization trace on my own userid.

>

> Nothing came out in the report. I even check the execution time to make sure its within the range. but nothing came out.

in case your system has more than one server (CI, application servers), please note that you have to run the trace on the same server the user is logged on to. first check in SM51 whether there are more than one instance. secondly check in AL08 on which server the user is logged in, then go back to SM51 and switch machines.

repeat your procedure.

0 Kudos

Thanks Mylène Dorias! The steps you mentioned answered my questions.