Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DR for netweaver portal 7.0

kishore_soma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

We are about to setup a DR for our Portal, so as per my understanding, this can be done in 2 different ways

- ODG for oracle as well as At file system

- Also with federated portal

Can i have some document and method on how to perform this using Federated portal.

Regards,

Kishore soma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

DR build, the best method is

Either you install EP in your DR systems or ensure you perform below activites

1. Copy the both Center Services & Center Instance Content into your DR system

2. Ensure all required services & entries created in your DR system

3. Ensure Environmental Variables are set correctly as per your DR system specific

4. Ensure you prepare your Profiles as per your DR system specific

5. Ensure to modifiy all properties according to DR System specific entries in Config Tool (basically pointing all critical parameters to DR system name)

6. Ensure Database is installed specific to DR system

7. But you need to ensure that the content of your production system is in syncup with your DR system folder so that you have up-to-date data in both the systems.

But whenever you try to bring DR system online ensure your PRoduction system is offline.

I completely agree...it's very complex process....but this is the practice we have in place and successfully utilizing.

I hope this gives you yet another diff. option.

Regards

Sekhar

kishore_soma
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Sekhar,

Thanks for the reply.

This can also be used, but is there any other option for DR setup for EP.

Any one have worked with federated protal in EP, can some one explain me how this works as well as can this be used for DR for EP.

Regards,

Kishore Soma

alen_mikulic
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls find the document link from SDN on system landscape for Netweaver environments and on page 37 onwards gives you how you can use federated portal environments.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/50a9952d-15cc-2a10-84a9-fd9184f35366&override...

There can be multiple methods of setting up DR and these can be setup based on the unique requirement of your client and their locations.

Hope the above document points you towards a direction and answer you are aiming for.

Cheers Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell which directories of DR should be in SYNC with that of production?

like /user/sap....

the list of directories or the files system  can any one suggest me?

Kind Regards,

Pandu.