cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot open document (Error: INF)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have migrated reports from version Business Objects 6.5.1 to Business Objects XI 3.1 SP2. We have been receiving sporadic 'Cannot open document (Error: INF)' now and again whenever you open Desktop Intelligence reports using Infoview. Have any other users come across this issue using BOXI 3.1 SP2. I do not believe that this issue occurred on SP1.

This error is very frustrating.

I have browsed various forums and implemented changes which have had no effect whatsoever including the SAP Marketplace.

We are also receiving SetPrompts Failed errors. When a report is opened in Infoview and you refresh a report, a blank dialog appears with a red cross. if you refresh the report again then the SetPrompts Failed error appears. I have evene made changes according to article 1364437 based on this error and this has not resolved the issue.

Regards

Dipendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I faced the same Error in BO infoview...If you have checked 'wrap text' while formatting the report this error occurs. You can get over this error by not using wrap text in that particular report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Generally we will get SetPrompts Failed errors when suer doesn't have required permissions to refresh/view the rpeort. In your casecheck with user whether he is having all the rights at CMC level as after migration the priveleges the user is having might not be in latest version.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're on BOXI3.1 SP2 aswell and we have had the same sporadic issue - Cannot open document for Deski reports. This is causing some serious concern amongst our users over system stability.

You can recreate the situation by shutting down the InputFileRepository server and you get the same message. I've noticed that when this happens there is a mesage in the fcproc log file 'm_repFileMgr.Download failed'

My theory is that there may be some congestion in linking between the desktopintelligence server and the inputfilerepository. In addition, we had some logging on the fileserver and at the time of the error there was no mention of the report that failed or any error. We contacted SAP about this but did not get a satisfactory response. There were some heavily utilised DESKi reports which we managed to convert to Webi to take the load off and we also dropped the timeout to 20 minutes (not brilliant but it did mean that if we got the message the users wouldn't have to wait too long before it was resolved in case they couldn't get hold of IT).

I also upped the parameter for Maximum Retries for File Access in case it was having problems getting the file.

The result of this was that the error appeared to go away... until yesterday!!!

Any further insights welcome.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the information which is very useful. At least it tells me that I am not the only user who has encountered this problem.

By the way, did you upgrade from a previous version of BO and if so which version was it. I am assuming that you are still receiving the issues as of now.

Regards

Dipendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - we created a new deployment of BOXI3.1 and then applied SP2 upgrade later. The Deski files were originally v5.1 and imported into the repository.

However, I went back to SAP with the new information I had and they have given me a fix that may well be plausible.. only time will tell now.

Firstly, our file repository is not on the server - its on a remote filer with a DFS share pointing to it. Although the security on the top folder level of the file repository is 'Everyone with all the access', they created a specific entry for the domain user that BO runs as and granted that all access. Not sure how this is any different but anyway....

Secondly, they noticed that the ports were being auto assigned within the CMS servers: CMS, InputFileRepository and OutputFileRepository. They explicitly assigned CMS to use 6401, InputFileRepository to have port 6402 and OutputFileRepository to be bound to 6403. The logic behind this (I think) is that users connecting to the system may take a port connection that is usually assigned to connect the CMS to the filerepository. They were quite confident that this would solve the problem and I guess only time will tell now...

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have gone to sp2 fp2.1 with the same issue, our support contractor has suggested disk space/memory issues on servers and clients but all looks ok. I am interested in the idea of the ports for the cms and i/o frs, is this the request ports that have been changed and has it fixed the issue?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Philip,

Were you able to resolve the "Cannot open Document Error: INF" with the changes SAP did on ports?

We migrated some Deski reports from BO 5.1 to BO 3.1 SP2 and we are getting this error sporadically , while trying to open these report from Infoview. I am able to open the report in Desktop Intelligence tool , refresh it, save it back to repository, but even the saved report is showing this error at times.

Any suggestions? Please let me know.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

We recently started to have the same issue. We run XI R3.1 with FP1.8.

I just followed the recommandation to increase the retry time to 3 and see if it is better. It looks like an intermitent issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

With regard to the issue above, this problem has been logged as a bug by SAP. The Bug reference is ADAPT01335177.

Around 7 other customers reported this issue as well, whilst on SP2. We have reverted back to the original installation until a fix has been issued by SAP. We hope that the fix will be sooner rather than later. SP2 would need to be applied and then the fix has to be installed on top of this. The INF errors have not occurred whilst on the original installation of BO XI 3.1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not a bug, this is only security rights issue check right of your user under administrator account.

Thanks again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

last time I face this one but suddenly disappear during testing, now we once again face this issue. As all users are member of group 'EveryOne' if we add any user membership to administrator group / master group this error resolved for this user.but that is not proper solutions, so far i m unable to find the rights which is lacking to all user for these report which are available in each user infoview and causing these errors while viewing.

Open Document error message:

While viewing Web Intelligence reports

[Session is closed (Error: INF )|http://yfrog.com/0cwebirightsp|Session is closed (Error: INF )]

While viewing Desktop Intelligence reports

[Cannot open document (Error: INF )|http://yfrog.com/mjdeskirightsp|Cannot open document (Error: INF )]

Edited by: zeshansadiq on Nov 26, 2010 8:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While saving the report BO 6.5 have you checked the option save for all users or not. I think it might be a possible reason.

Cheers,

Suresh Aluri.