cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error message: " Workflow definition "ws9...." not in version '0000'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a workflow in one system and it is working fine. So all the related transports I imported to different system.

So now in new system -

I went to tcode - PFTC and selected the workflow (which has been imported from other system)

And then when I click the "WORKFLOW BUILDERu201D it is giving error message u201C Workflow definition "ws9...." not in version '0000'

Can anyone tell me whatu2019s wrong this? How to solve this issue?

Thanks.

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

saumya_govil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Please check if you imported all the workbench requests before the customizing requests while transporting the workflows.

Also check in SWDD that the workflow template is active or not. If not, plz activate the workflow and then check.

I also hope that the workflow customizing is done properly in SWU3.

Also synchronize the buffer using SWU_OBUF.

Regards,

Saumya

narin_nandivada3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the active version is not ported properly... so once generate an active version and then transport the same..

for that open the workflow in SWDD in your first system, then in menu bar... and then

WORKFLOW--> ACTIVATION >GENERATE RUNTIME VERSION and then WORKFLOW>ACTIVATION-->GENERATE and ACTIVATE RUNTIME VERSION.

Then transport that to the new system

Hope this solves your issue.

Regards

Narin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just found that

By doing Export/Import - "This function does not replace the normal transport options of workflows between SAP systems(we have some limitation ). All parts of a workflow can only be transported by the normal transport."

What I understood based on this is- export/import is not a complete solution to make workflow coping from one system to other.

If this is the case I donu2019t want to use this process again.

Please let me know what could be wrong from my original importing transports process?

Narin,

Actually this is happening all the workflows which I imported from one system to other ( I imported 5 workflows ) and all of them having the same problem.

Thanks.

Kevin.

former_member554978
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check in table HRS1205..whether your orkflow is active or not.

Try activating the workflow in SWD_WF_DEFINITION_ACTIVATE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Export the Workflow definition in the XML file, import it , activate the template and regenerate the request for the Workflow Template in Development server and retransport it. This should solve your problem.

Regards,

Vaishali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vaishali,

Thanks for the replay. Please clarify me before I start the new process.

1. I created a workflow in ECC6 in dev system and then I released all the transports to Q and same transports requests moved to production and it is working fine in production.

2. Now the same transport request I imported into different ECC6 system. If I do this way (importing transports request) is not going to work? Please clarify me about this?

If this is not the correct way,

1. I have to do Export the workflow definition in XML file import it , activate the template and regenerate the request for the Workflow Template in Development server and re transport(only this XML Definition transport or all the workflow related transports again?) .

2. Can you please also let me know how to Export the workflow definition in the XML( I could not find option in SWDD).

Thanks for your time.

former_member554978
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer to the below link

[Import/Export|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3414700)ID0071129250DB00257511483597270769End?blog=/pub/wlg/8328]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

I created a workflow in ECC6 in dev system and then I released all the transports to Q and same transports requests moved to production and it is working fine in production. Now the same transport request I imported into different ECC6 system.

This indicates that there is some problem with the Import Sequence of the requests due to which workflow template is not activated properly.

You can try following :

1. Check the logs of the transports related to the Workflow definition, if there is any error reimport it.

2. If the solution 1 doesn't work then activate the workflow Template/Definition in development and transport it.

3. If problem persists after trying above solutions then you can go for the method which I suggested earlier.

Regards,

Vaishali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I tried from SWDD_CONFIG and then and after passing the Task ID WS9......

It is giving error message - " TASK DOES NOT REFERECNE ANY WORKFLOW VERSIONS".

I checked the imported transports in new system all the Tasks (workflow template and Standard Tasks ) are existed. I am not sure what I am missing.

Please someone can help me. . Thanks in advance.

Kevin