Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job is failing with the following error- Error calling a method of the tree

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear SDNers,

my question is where do i need to look for error.

Will this be an ABAP issue?

Please guide

DETAILS

In SM37 when we see the job XYZ, we get the following details.

Job Ln Job CreatedB Status Start date Start time Duration(sec.) Delay (sec.)

XYZ Canceled 16.11.2009 10:11:30 9 27

When the job log is checked this , we get the below details.

The job XYZ is failing with the following error.

Date Time Class No. Message

-

-

+----

+----

-

2009/11/16 05:03:01 | 00 516 | Job started

2009/11/16 05:03:01 | 00 550 | Step 001 started (program RBDMON00, variant

SBCI287, user ID ABCDEF)

2009/11/16 05:03:03 | TREE_C 000 | Error calling a method of the tree control

2009/11/16 05:03:03 | 00 518 | Job cancelled

Equest your assistance in knowing where to find the error for this.

I have no clue as to where and how i need to debug or where i should i be looking for error.

In BD87, the selection screen paramters that are given are changed on date (from and to) and IDOC status 51,66,69 and 64 and the message type is "Öutbound interface of picked shipments"

Please guide.

Regards,

SuryaD.

Edited by: SuryaD on Nov 23, 2009 5:36 PM

Edited by: SuryaD on Nov 23, 2009 11:14 PM

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David and Sampath,

To answer Sampaths question on:

+I dont think it is possible to schedule a job with BD87. Is this the first time or is any job completed without errors for this? +

I have checked with the ticket creator on this. I am yet to get an answer.

To answer David question:

+ Why do you want BD87 to run as background job? If you want to re-process IDOCs in the background use program RBDAPP01 / transaction BD20.+

Please tell me what difference will it make to have bd87 and bd80 in the idoc processing?

Regards,

SuryaD.

9 REPLIES 9

former_member191735
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it ALV or SALV?

You might have a container in your program and not checked for if it is online of offline in the program?

You better write more details here about what kind of program is it ? Z or SAP owned? what are you using (ALV, SALV)?

If it is SALV, you dont have to check but if it is regular ALV you need to check if the program is running in forground or background?

By the way, is the program running in foreground?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I think Kumar is right, you mentioned it was in SM37 so you must be running it in the background, it sounds like the ALV background error.

Check in ST22, there should be a dump for it.

If it mentions something like "Can not reach GUI" then it is a program trying to output an ALV in the background and the program does not cater for this correctly.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

thanks for your response.

the details that i have on this ticket is as follows:

1. There is a job name ABCDEF

2. When this job is run then the status shows cancelled and the job error log shows tHe details that "error calling a method of the tree control"

3.ThIs error also points fingers to /link to BD87 as seen in the job log " (program RBDMON00, variant \SBCI287, user ID KRISF)"

My question to you Sampath.

in order to answer your question on whether it is ALv or SALV.. please tell me as to how will i know which progrm is associated with the job ABCDEF?

Regards,

SuryaD.

0 Kudos

> 1. There is a job name ABCDEF

> 2. When this job is run then the status shows cancelled and the job error log shows tHe details that "error calling a method of the tree control"

> 3.ThIs error also points fingers to /link to BD87 as seen in the job log " (program RBDMON00, variant \SBCI287, user ID KRISF)"

>

BD87 is an IDOC processing.

> My question to you Sampath.

>

> in order to answer your question on whether it is ALv or SALV.. please tell me as to how will i know which progrm is associated with the job ABCDEF?

>

Go to sm37 - double click on the job that was failed - Click on Step (on application tool bar) to get the program name - double click on the program name - new popup will be opened - then copy the program and variant

Go to se38 - enter the program - execute (F8) - choose the variant that is there in the background job - run in forground first

if the run is good - then check the program - SE38 - Display the program then see

I just saw the above message BD87... .if that is true, you dont have to do all these

I dont think it is possible to schedule a job with BD87. Is this the first time or is any job completed without errors for this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response too David and Sampath.

Please tell me in order to answer your question on whether it is ALv or SALV.. will i know which progrm is associated with the job ABCDEF?

Regards

Suryad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. Why do you want BD87 to run as background job? If you want to re-process IDOCs in the background use program RBDAPP01 / transaction BD20.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David and Sampath,

To answer Sampaths question on:

+I dont think it is possible to schedule a job with BD87. Is this the first time or is any job completed without errors for this? +

I have checked with the ticket creator on this. I am yet to get an answer.

To answer David question:

+ Why do you want BD87 to run as background job? If you want to re-process IDOCs in the background use program RBDAPP01 / transaction BD20.+

Please tell me what difference will it make to have bd87 and bd80 in the idoc processing?

Regards,

SuryaD.

0 Kudos

Hi. BD87 is an IDOC monitoring program that lets you look at all IDOCs that have worked, are pending or failed and allows you to manually re-process them if they have not posted already.

BD20 is a program that specifically re-processes failed or pending IDOC's. If you run BD20 it is exactly the same as running BD87, selecting the failed or pending IDOC's and pressing process.

If you want to schedule IDOCs to post then you should use BD20, not BD87. If you want to post them in the foreground you can use either program, although BD87 lets you look at them first so I would always use BD87 in the foreground.

Regards,

Dave.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dave

Many thanks for following up with the thread and expalinging me in detail the difference.

Sampath,

Many thanks for your for your time in explaining me the steps to reach the program schduled for job.

I will have this thread open for sometime since the ticket owner hasnt responded to sampaths question"if this job has run successfully in the past ever"

Thanks again to you both for your time.

Much Regards,

SuryaD.