cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete unplanned depreciation posting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created an unplanned depreciation posting wrongly using ABAA t.code. I have not posted this depreciation to GL yet. Currently only the asset line items have been created. Now i want to delete this unplanned depreciation and create the correct one. How can i do this?

I tried to reverse the asset document using AB08 but it said there i no FI documents hence cannot be reversed.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sridevi_p
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow the steps -

1. Create a new transaction type by copying 640 (which is normally used for unplanned depreciation posting using ABAA).

2. Change the posting to DEBIT entry instead of CREDIT entry

3. Post the unplanned depreciation for the same amount again using ABAA, using the newly created transasction type

This will solve the issue.

Regards,

Sridevi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Use transaction AB08 and filter using dynamic selections so that the only transaction(s) listed is(are) the one(s) you want to reverse. This should do the trick.

I had an issue where I tried to schedule an unplanned depreciation for an asset but it was giving me an error. I ran planned depreciation, then fixed the error with the problem asset, successfully scheduled an unplanned depreciation but then when I went back to run unplanned depreciation, the system would not let me claiming it had already been performed. I had this pending unplanned deprecitation that never posted that was preventing me from closing out the year end fixed asset closing program. I was able to reverse the transaction using AB08 (without creating any postings) and close out the year.

former_member433617
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for answering the questions in SDN, as I am learning too.

There are now two examples of ABAA transactions in this thread that were entered but not posted.

I am confused as to what it means to enter an ABAA but not post it.

Does this mean that ABAA do not post until somebody runs AFAB or Periodic Posting ASKB?

Regards