cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a PR for BOM from a Project (WBS, Network or Activity) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Project Structure:

Project Defination

1 level WBS

2 level WBS

Network (Supply of Material for Sub station)

Activity (Procurement of materials) Internal

Material Component (BOM) Main Item

Component 1

Component 2

Component 3..................

Now i want to directly create a PR for this BOM and its components as well and using this PR i want to create a PO and procure the materials against the project.

Can any one help me in this regard.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudarshan.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Check the material is relevant for MRP or not.

The item catagorey should be L stock item in BOM material.

Run MRP MD51 then it will convert to PR if it is not in stock or if it is inhouse production then planed order is created as the

result of MRP Run.

Then go to the stock requirement list then convert this PR to PO automatically.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sukhveer,

Thanks for your reply.

I have maintained in Material master MRP views and is also relevant for MRP.

Also at the time of entering the BOM main materail, i am entering the item categery as L and exploding the BOM by going through the path:

Go to Activty materail components, select the BOM main materail, now in the menu goto EDIT --> Component ---> Explode BOM.

The component materails are getting exploded under the BOM main material, but the item categery of the main item is changing from L to T (Text item) and the PR's are created for all the component items individually after i save the project.

Regards,

Sudarshan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Create WBS BOM by CS71 and transfer bom by CN33 then assign reference point to BOM then after BOM tranfer the BOM component to activity run the MRP by MD51.The item categorey should be same.Check the procument indicator weather the pr is ticked or not ?

regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sukhveer,

I have tried doing the steps which you have specified.

1. created a WBS BOM by CS71 and trying to do the BOM trasfer by CN33, but unable to do the same. Also what do you mean to say by "assign reference point to BOM".

Could you expalin this to me in detail or provide me a link where i can go thorugh this BOM process.

Thanks,

Sudarshan.

Makal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to

IMG>Project System>Material>Bill of Material Transfer>Define Reference Points for BOM Transfer

Define a reference point here.

Use this reference point in your internal activity ( Assignments tab, Reference Point field ) .

Now run CN33, Use the same reference point in CN33 as well , it'll work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

When you transfer the BOM then it should automaticaly assigned to activity.

But when you transfer the BOM the by assigning same reference point to BOM component and in activity.

You can create reference point by SPRO>PS>Material link.

By assigning same refernce point to BOM material component and activity sap reconize the corrosponding BOM material

component to activity and material assogned automatically to that activity.

You can use then next steps as i've told you already.

Regards.