cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FICO career

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am Murali from Hyderabad. I am new to SCN. I am interested into SAP FICO career, so I want to do SAP FICO Certification at Associate Level in Siemens. Can any one guide me?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Murali. M

Edited by: Murali MM on Dec 2, 2009 10:16 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

For making a career into SAP FI you require aleast 2 years of domain experience so that your placement also happens smoothly after the certification exam.

Fortunately, you have that.

So next for you is to take up the SAP FI training and Certification exam from Siemens or any other Education partner. This is a full-time 20 working days course and then you can take the certification exam anytime in the immediate 6 months.

Siemens and Genovate also assist in placements. But do not guarantee it.

I have done the SAP FI training and certification from Siemens in Sept 2009 and am now placed.

Your career starts as a SAP FI fresher and then you go on to become a Consultant within 6months to 2 years, depending on your performance. You are then put on core teams and allocated clients, for which travelling and relocation becomes a MUST in this kind of a job.

If you have any specific queries do ask here. Or Siemens/Genovate will also help you out well keeping in mind your background.

All the best!

Regards

Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Congrats for u r certification. I want to know the pattern of certification and pass parcentage of it. If u do not mind I will contact U. Here I have written my m id but it is showing an error. How can I conatct U?

Regards

Murali. M

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Murali

I have updated the paper pattern in more than 3 threads for SAP FI. Please search for it in this forum.

The passing percent is 55.

Please do not ask for personal contact IDs. Ask all your queries here in this thread.

If your query is now answered, please close this thread.

All the best!

Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zubin,

I completed SAP FI certification from Siemens in January. I am a BE, MBA(Finance & Systems) with3 yrs of exp in Banking Sector. On Accounts domain, I dont have work experience but have functional knowledge. I am yet to be placed and am bit concerned. I understand that you have completed the same certification with Siemens. Can you please let me know your thoughts/suggestions.

Thanks

Sunitha

0 Kudos

hi sir,

just need your help to guide me on sap fico. i am working profesional and looking for good institute where i can go for my weeked class. could you please guide me on this where should i go for the same where i can get the good faculty for training in bangalore.

Thanks

Ashu

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I done my MBA in finance and marketing and having 2 years of experience in Accounts Payable process.Now i am planing to to do SAP FICO.

Please advice on this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Just happened to go thru this forum,

With reg to the queries i would like add some suggestions/reviews

I am a SAP FI consultant with a MBA Finance specialization and overall 3.2yrs of domain exp.

Being  a SAP consultant is like and different identified profile in the job market. Yes we do get a lot of job offers unless we start or fetch the job interviews.

> Do not believe in rumors.

> Even if you do not have relevant exp do not hesitate to attend the interviews.

> Always join SAP trainings/certifications and authorized centers . Ex - Atos Genovate NIIT JTK

private institutes provide trainings for 10-15k and say that certification is of no use, do not fall into,

> Post your profile in Linkedin and contact other SAP professionals for better overview.

Thank you,

Chetan H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am Rohit Jain. I have 6 years of experience in Accounts and Finance. My latest assignment was with Eaton, Pune. I am planning to do SAP FI and CO module. Could you please guide me for this? I am looking for better job opportunities in Finance. Please help me.

Thanks,

Rohit Jain

0 Kudos

HI Murali,

Did you complete SAP FICO and how is the market of this course?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zubin/Ravi,

I have done MMS in Finance from Mumbai University in 2008-10, since then i have worked with KPO/MNC for 2 years as Associate in Fund Accounting. There after a year ago i have joined Deutsche Bank Operation International as Financial Controller/Product Controller. I am using SAP over there but just as an end user.

However, now im keen to pursue career in SAP, but I am in dilemma, as my current package is 5lac and above, and after training and certification in SAP, I will be starting from scratch in SAP. And what I have learned that even after doing certification many of them are still struggling for job, and even if I get a job will industry provide at least near to my current package.

Also, my sister has done SAP, but she is bcom and have accounting experience for 4+yrs, and she started with sal for 22000 pm. As per her we will have to start at a package of 3-3.5 lacs package even im MBA Finance and later by experience my salary will boost.

So, if I enter SAP now at age of 30, will I able to start from 5lacs and above (off course it depends on how I crack my interview), and are company's willing to pay 5lacs package to MBA finance fresher in SAP that much salary.

Please advise me.

Thanks in Advance...!

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jatin,

I know many people go for SAP Career as it is lucrative.

However, the foremost thing we must have is passion. I do not mind working for free if I am getting right amount of skill and knowledge. Once, we have the passion, the fame and money will come automatically.

Therefore, please do not think much about salary, which is not in your hands. Please put your heart and learn, you will go to great heights.

All the best.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am in the same situation as you....and confused about doing SAP certification so what's your decision on SAP n your views about it....as it will help me in clearing my confusions.....

Thanks,

Anu

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

SAP Certification is not a job guarantee program. There are many certified consultants finding difficult to find job. Please carefully evaluate all options before investing all other options.

Best Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anu,

I agree to Ravi's point. As i mentioned my sister is consultant, even she is being sayin the same thing.Many are struggling for job even after certification. But, I dont know the exact scenario for MBA graduates with SAP certification.

My curiosity on above, took me to Net Business Solution. They are in training, recruitment and also handle projects with few company's. They provide u with the SAP training for 3months and also give u projects for 6months, simultaneously they will also work on ur CV after training and try to place you. However they wont guaranty how soon they will put on projects and also no placement on guarantee. For training they are charging 50,000 and and for projects they are charging around 1 lac, please note its only training and NO CERTIFICATION.

To put an end to my dilemma what I have decided is to get train on SAP first and start floating CV with the SAP content, and to check what all JOBS i can grab. But, here I will take advantage of my sister, I will learn from her rather investing in NBS. As, what i have understood, certification is not that necessary on initial stage, organisation needs people who are already in SAP profile or who are trained on SAP. However, companies may also ask for certification, but my plus point is Im MBA with almost three years of domain experience and Im already working on SAP, thats why i have chosen to learn from sis and to see if i can grab any openings.

In future if require I will do the certification as will. So, Anu wht wud I suggest you to take a short course from relevant and genuine institution and start floating ur resume. Coz imp is how and what all things they teach u.

Hope, this helps u,

0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I'hv been following ur advice in this thread from the beginning of my SAP FI studies.... and i'm happy to inform u tat i have successfully completed my SAP FI associate level certification with 92% (although i'm not from finance background, but got a good hold of the accounting concepts during my studies). Thanks to ur advice on preparation tips, which enabled my to achieve it

Now comes the part of career change. Actually i'm an electrical engineer who is working in IT (Telecom domain) for past 3 years and still working (as i got info from SCN threads as many candidates like me left the job for SAP FI certification preparation and after tat they faced problem in getting a job.). I'hv been transferred to Malaysia 2 years back from my current employer and still working here.

Kindly advice me, what should be my next course of action, which can help me to make the career switch.

Regards

Sumit

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Thanks for sharing your stupendous success.

The underlying rule is please do not leave your current job, as the market is very tight. Please keep trying yourself, practice well and read on a daily basis. Keep giving as many interviews as you can, do not much bother even if they fail. However, please improve the mistakes you have done in the previous interviews. I am sure you will get to your goal.

Resigning your current job is a very big risk, therefore, please avoid taking such risk.

All the best.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

i have gone throw your articles which is really fact .

i worked as SAP F I/CO trainer for one year then i now i moved to SAP end-user  currently i am working in good organisation .but as you know end user will have limited authorization and we do not have excess to change or create .i have searched for SAP consultant job but it is very though to get through it and till date non of from any company i got call from to attend the interview .please advice what should do further for SAP F I consultant job i am very passionate for SAP.

thanks

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

Please do not disappoint much, keep trying yourself and learn from the mistakes of your interview. Try, try and try is the only thing that you should try for. I am sure you will achieve.

All the best.

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for support really will try hard.

regards

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to SCN. I almost completed my certification in FICO and will appear exam in October end but after completion how will I proceed as every company is asking for experience And I dont have any working Experience in implementation. Can you advise?

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sraddha,

Certification would give you a special cushion, but, necessarily it does not mean to guarantee a job in the market. Now there are number of people with certification have increased enormously in the market. The best thing is you need to open your eyes and apply wherever you find SAP FI/CO position, whether it is consulting, end user (internal consultants) or business analyst etc. Do not much bother about failure of the interviews. You need to learn some good lessons from your failed interviews. I am sure you would be able to secure a good position if you follow the points in the following blog. All the best.

http://scn.sap.com/community/career-center/blog/2012/10/30/top-10-guidelines-for-your-sap-interviews

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Friends

Good wishes to All..

I am Ramesh.. and currently working in SAP for past 1.5 years.

Over all I have an experience of 20+ years in finance and Accounts.  Currently I am working as a Financial Controller.  Im a M.Com., and MBA.

I want to do FICO.. But I am so confused with the information in the Web.. which one I should do and what is the Exam Code..

With this experience and domin knowldege, which area I should enter into now and what about the JOb opportunities in India for the suggested area..

Can any one help me Please..

Thanks in Advane

Ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I'm in a dilemma over entering the domain of SAP or exploring a non-IT finance career.

I'm a mechanical engineer with one and half years of experience in Project Planning & Management, after which I pursued an MMS degree (equivalent to MBA) from Mumbai University (India). I have landed up with an offer in the domain of SAP with one of the biggest engineering firms in India with a decent pay. However, I'm in two minds whether to accept or deny the offer as I'm not sure about the career prospects and options available to me, if I choose to do so. I want to pursue a career in finance and the company is likely to provide a 3 week training on a SAP module, post which I would be assigned a specific functional role (depending on my preferences and/or performance).

Can anyone please guide me through the various options available in SAP finance and the career prospects from a long-term perspective (say 15 yrs atleast)?

Thanks in advance!

Bharat Rao

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are fortunate enough to get an offer in SAP area, please go and accept. Moreover, company is providing you a training in SAP. Do not make any second thoughts.

You do not get such privilege to work easily on live systems. Moreover, you have only one and half experience. Therefore, this is the right time to learn as many things as you are.

SAP FICO is a good modules and you will always have the right demand.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

I am Rajesh Mohakud from odisha. I have completed my ICWAI with 3 years of Accounts experience and now i am doing my SAP FICO..Please give some guide to success.

Regards

Rajesh Mohakud ACMA.

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Good to know you.

Hope the following thread would be useful to you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1320857

Kind Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sir..

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

hi sir,

just need your help to guide me on sap fico. i am working profesional and looking for good institute where i can go for my weeked class. could you please guide me on this where should i go for the same where i can get the good faculty for training in bangalore.

Thanks

Ashu

former_member195124
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Murali

If you could guide us through some background of yours please. That will help in guiding you well towards your career in FI.

I have finished FI certification from Siemens and can help you out.

Regards

Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for u r reply.

My graduation is in B.com (computers) and done MBA Finance in 2006. I have 3 years of experiance in Accounts.

I am working in a construction company as Accounts Executive.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Murali,

I was just going through the forum and found it very interesting,found quite attractive questions and answers as well. So, thought i will also put a question,because i wanted some questions to be answered ,so i am clear.

I am basically from bangalore, did my M.Bcom in bangalore and for further studies travelled to Australia, Coming here i have completed my Masters in Professional Accounting and also an Graduate Diploma in Finance. Along with that i have done Two SAP Certificates, one is COMPUTERISED ACCOUNTING IN AN ERP SYSTEM(SAPFI-CO) and second one is ENTERPRISE RESOURCE PLANNING SYSTEMS.

So, My question is 1) Can i do any other SAP certifications which can give me some more knowledge or is higher that FI-CO ( i have not worked in any accounting field just studied)

2) What are the chances of getting a job in India and if at all what kind of job should i search.( i am confused coz i did accounting and i had to do SAP FI-CO coz it was one of the main core unit in my university) so if i have to apply what kind of job should i look for is it just plain accounting jobs or can i apply for some SAP job.

Kindly help me out with this.

looking forward for your answers

Thanks in advance,

Vignesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I am done with my training in SAP FICO and I m from US. In a week or two, I am confident that I will be placed in a company for a project of 6 months. So after gaining some good experience, can I do MBA in Finance to grab more opportunities ? Or what I can do to make my career in some management side ?

Madhavi

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes u can do MBA FINANCE which is a good option

regards,

ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am CPA Australia qualified accountant and have more than 15 years experience in medium sized organisations in Australia as a Finance Manager/Controller. I am planning to move in to SAP FI/CO career, to start with I am planning to join the training course either with Siemens or Genovate Hyderabad and get FI or CO certification.

Can anyone please advise if I will have any added advantage being a CPA qualified and my experience in finance domain?

AND

1) Which module is suitable for me FI or CO?

2) What salary I can expect in India after completion of my course and certification & after 2 years of experience?

3) How long will it normally take to find the first job?

4) Does Siemens or Genovate genuinely help in placement?

Your valuable advise will be highly appreciated.

Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Siemens is the best training institution for for SAP Certification among Genovate, NIIT and JKT.

Thanks

Murali

Edited by: Murali MM on Dec 21, 2011 2:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zubin Sir,

I am an accountant in a company and now recently i joint SAP FICO course.I want to do make my career on SAP. Can you please help me?

former_member186576
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chameli,

Since you seem to be new to SCN, and your question is added in an old discussion (year 2009) , it's highly unlikely to get an appropriate response.Please create a new discussion.

Go to Start a discussion

Regards,

Sam