cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

steps to create PO for service order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create a Service Po its giving me the error message mention below. what i am missing.

You have no authorization to create without reference to another document

Message no. MEPO063

Please advise

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please tell us what error u r getting when u r following the steps suggested by me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am getting the following error along with the auth error.

Role VN not defined in master record for vendor 106835

Message no. ME329

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First take authorization for the PO Doc. Type from Basis Person

Create PO with ME21N choose Doc. Type ZSER (Service PO)

Put Vendor, Organizational Data

Account Assignment (A)

Item Catagory (D)

Put Short descripation, Material Group, Plant

Maintain the service (From Service Master)

Same Process you have to do for other line items.

Accordingly you can Maintain the service entry sheet

Regards,

Manish Jain

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you.. It was a Auth error work with the MM Person and solve the issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my previous post already i had mentioned the reason for this error & how to avoid it as well.

regds,

CB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with some other vendor OR simply copy from exsisting PO.

U can use the copy function in this transaction itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not necessary to create PR.

You can create PO without PR or With PR.

I have explain the process to create PO without PR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u already have the service master.

You can follow the below steps:

Goto transaction code ME21N, select vendor and company code,purchase group, purchase org.

Enter Item category = D and a/c assign = K than enter input text at short text field (don't enter any material master code at material code field) ,

here you willl find the service data at item details and here u have to select the required services from service master and enter the qty.

save the po and do reqular process.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

First creat service master - (AC03),

You can copy from exising service master. and goto ME21N, select vendor and comp,pur group, pur org.

Enter Item category = D and a/c assign = K than enter input text at short text field (don't enter any material master code at material code field) ,

here you willl find "material data" at item details are there you have to select your service master code (where have you created by you at AC03).

save the po and do reqular process.

reg

mrs

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please expalin me there is already a service master data. i just want to use the exisiting data and create a New PO. do i need to create a PR first for my new PO ... What need to be created first please expalin

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

1) Create PO with ME21n

where u need to enter itemcategory as D-service and account assignment K-cost center

then system will ask servive master, here u need to enter service master number ,qty and price ( remaining thins are same as nromal PO)

save the document.

2) servive entry sheet ML81n its a like GR for services.

3) MIRO invoice verification

Regards

Venu Gopal.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i am not able to enter the data it gives me the auth error. i am not a MM person i just want to create po to test some bi functionality... so please from where i can copy the exisiting service po and then make some change to create a new serivice order PO... Which table or which t code i am able to see exisiting service order po..

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the functionality, which will not allow you to create a PO without any reference like PR etc. If you want to create a PO w/o these references also, then go to SU01 & enter ur user ID and under parameters tab, u will be having ID as EFB- Function Authorization: Purchase Order remove that, then system will allow you to create PO w/o any reference.

These settings you can do it by following the below path

spro >> mm >> purchasing >> Authorization Management >> Define Function Authorizations for Buyers. Here make the settings as per your requirement.

regds,

CB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Use t.code SU53 to know the auhorization problem and send that to basis team for authorization.

Regards

Venu Gopal.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick reply... i am just wondering i am not missing anything from my side... when i try to create service order po after selecting vendor dates etc when i try to select items its gives me the error... what are the exact steps to create service order po, with multiple service ectries and create goods receipt for each service entry... please provide steps

Thank you