cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RRI passing variable values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a sender query wher I have two infoobjects Fiscal Year and Posting period. I am taking the input from a variable for the two infoobjects.

I have a receiver query which has a infoobject OFISCPER3 which has the combined value of Fiscal year and period.

How can I pass the value of two seperate infoobjects from the sender query to one infoobject in the receiver query (say concateneting the values etc)?

Can anyone give some idea!!

Thanks in advance

Prashant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP library topic = Report-Report Interface

could be a starting point.

Are you jumping to another Bex Query or to an R/3 transaction?

Edited by: Sharon West on Jan 21, 2009 10:56 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please provide me creation of Report to Report Interface Navigation steps.

Thanks@regards

Ram.

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exit RSR00004 has been replaced with BADI SMOD_RSR00004. Method EXIT_SAPLRSBBS_001 of this BADI works for BW-to-BW RRI. There is a How To ... paper that describes usage of RSR00004. This paper is completely applicable to Method EXIT_SAPLRSBBS_001 as well.

The only issue I found with this Method is that it doesn't allow to report errors in mappings. This could affect performance significantly.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

I need a BADI to work for the BW - R/3 RRI, and I came across a BADI called RS_BBS_BADI (replacement of RSR00004). I have used SE19, created an implementation and activated it, but it seems need to work at all.

Has anybody experience with implementing this BADI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was also under the impression that the mapping happens automatically. But anyhow it is not happening in my case.

I have not used the BADI in BW. Can you give some tips how a BADI can be used in BW.

Any documents would be nice.

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preashant,

you can find a useful document following this link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sapportals.km.docs/documents/a1-8-4/custo... enhancements and userexits in bw - sap netweaver know-how network webinar.pdf

Previously covered by exit RSR00004, eliminated in BW from version 3.0B, report to report interface field mapping (must be register developer and objects in OSS before modification is allowed)allow several selection types..

Hope this helps.

Bye,

Roberto

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Prashant,

execute your query in transaction RSRT with debugging. Select the option to display the RRI mapping. This should help you to figure out why the mapping does not work.

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG, US BI

0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

I found the following text in the SAP online help / SAP Business Information Warehouse / Report to report interface:

"Previous to BW 3.0A, a BAdl or user exit

was available for these types of assignments. This is now obsolete and only still exists for

reasons of compatibility."

I tried to enable the Badi, but could not get it working.

Our problem is that we call from BW a R/3 transaction to display a financial document. However in BW the financial document is only "a part" of a field (in Bex report): the field consists of "financial yearfinancial period document number".

I could not get the R/3 transaction to pick up only the document number from this field only. That is why I tried the Badi, but this seems not to be in use anymore.

Any ideas?

Rgrds,

Luc

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Prashant,

the report-report-interface will automatically map fiscal year/period to fiscal period (among a lot of other automatic mappings).

Regards,

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG, US BI

PS: SAP provides BADI RS_BBS_BADI that you can use to program your own mapping rules.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

I need some help on RRI.

I've a requirement where the user is running a billing report in BW and he wants invoice_text information to be displayed, which is not stored in BW.

So I've created a function/abap in r/3 which will return invoice text in the form of message text by passing bill doc as a parameter. First thing is When I select the Targets to create RRI, Do I have to select ABAP REPORT as the option? and I'm quiet confused as to what to choose when I put in the assignment details. because my SAP function is expecting a parameter. i .e when I run the BW report , I will be selecting the bill document number in the cell and for that particular number I will be jumping the target to get the information. Could you please let me know on that. I'm using SAP BW 3.0b version and 4.7 version of r/3.