cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special stock indicator

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created a consignment sales order for which i wanted to make a delivery for a wm-managed site.

But when i tried to make a delivery he did not find the correct wm-movement type.

SAP used im mvt type 631 and special stock indicator 1 to find the correct wm movement type in table T321.

There was no entry for mvt 631 with special stock indicator 1.

But i have no idea where the special stock indicator 1 comes from. Can anyone help me.

Bellow you find the description from sap:

Special Stock Indicators for Whse Mgmt

Use

In the Materials Management system you can post different transactions using one movement type. For example, posting goods receipt to unallocated stock or goods receipt to

stock in quality inspection.

These transactions are treated differently by the system on the basis of this indicator. Together with other indicators of a movement type in the Materials Management system, this indicator is used to correctly allocate a movement type in the Warehouse Management system so that the transaction can be posted accordingly.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

harishsarathy29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

IM Mvmt type 631 "Q' is mapped to WM movement type 255.

If it is not mapped , do it in WM under interfaces.

Asiign WM movement type "255" to Ref IM movement type "631".

hope this should help.

Regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know how the setup of a warehouse movement works. That's not the problem.

It's just that i had to setup the reference movement 631 with a special stock indicator 1.

ANd i have no idea from where this special stock indicator comes??

I tought the special stock indicator stands for Q or S or unrestricted, ....

But not 1!!! Can you define somewhere other special stock indicators???

Bert

harishsarathy29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be this is usefull.

For the definition of special movement indicators select the activity Master Data ® Material ® Defining special movement indicators.

To assign special movement indicators (SpecMovementInd) to a movement type select the activity Interfaces ® Inventory Management ® Defining movement types ® LE-WM Inventory Management interface.

You can still define a special movement indicator directly in the material master. You can thereby carry out particular goods movements via the IM-WM interface, for example, for a group of materials with similar characteristics (see example). You set the special movement indicator in the material master as follows:

In the SAP Menu, choose Logistics ® Logistics Execution ® Master Data ® Material ® Change ® Immediately.

Enter the requested material for which you want to set a special movement indicator.

Choose Goto ® View Selection and select the Warehouse Management 1 view.

Enter the warehouse number (and the storage type if required) for which you wish to make the changes.

In the storage strategies area enter the corresponding special movement indicator.

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm not talking about special movement indicators but about special indicators for stock.

In the standard sap table T_321 for reference mvt type 631 they use special indicator for stocks 1 in this table.

I have no idea where it comes from???

Kind regards,

Bert

Edited by: Bert Reynaert on Dec 11, 2009 4:58 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Seems to me that sap does not know why they use is either :).

I found this at OSS:

You have to pay particular attention to the fact that different settings are displayed in field 'Special Stock Indicators for Whse Mgmt' (T321-BSLVS) in table T321. For the movement types from shipping (for example, 601), picking technique 1, 2 or 3 is output in this field. In case of postings with active QM-interface a 'Q' is displayed in this field.

They say they use it but they don't explain why.

Kind regards,

Bert

harishsarathy29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Seems those data could be used for testing by SAP

Thanks

harish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. SAP uses these indicators '1' and '2' in its internal code. If you look at the table T148 where all these special stock indicators are defined, you see non numerical regular indicators are defined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe this is some help:

I came across the same question recently and how that field is set when looking up T321 is more or less hard-coded iin the SAP code.

It can be found here: LLCMBF1R

form wm_check

The parameter p_flg_dnwms passed on to the routine is later used as t321-KZBEW

The rules depend on a couple of other paramters taking from T320 for example (WM Mgmt extend, ERP yes or no, type of movment)

con_dnwms_int type c value '1', "integrated

con_dnwms_dec_erp type c value '2', "Dec. (DN on ERP)

con_dnwms_dec_erp_im type c value '3', "Dec. (DN on ERP fr IM)

con_dnwms_dec_wms_erp type c value '4', "Dec. (DN on WMS fr ERP)

con_dnwms_dec_wms type c value '5', "Dec. (DN on WMS)

"1" for example is set for customer deliveries when IM and WM are integrated in the regarded system.

Regards

Lars