cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BPC MS import directly from SAP R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of my clients is asking for the possibility to import direcly from SAP R/3 into SAP BPC MS. Has anyone experience with this and if so is it possible to receive an example?

Thanks!

Johan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Global COE Nalco,

Could you please provide me with more information on how you automated the transaction data load from ECC6.0 to BPC MS 7.0.

Whe are currently using an extraction program in ECC6.0 after this process step we run an data managment pack in BPC MS 7.0.

What are the possibilities?

Looking forward to your answer

best regards,

Mohamed El Bokri

SAP financials analyst Tommy HIlfiger

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are also facing the same challenge.

By using this approach can we also upload the Master Data from ECC ?

Regards,

Sanjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not yet applied the given solutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johan,

As indicated by Lokesh, you need to have a flat file in between. The data cannot be flown directly from BI to BPC MS.

There is a dtsx package in MS for importing data from access database. I would request you to go through that package and the SSIS created for that. This will give you an understanding of how to establish the connection between 2 systems. This particular DM gets the data from access, puts it in a temporary flat file and then transfers the data from this flat file into MS. Your scenario is also similar. You just need to configure the connection. You will be able to understand these settings / configurations once you have a look at the DM package and the SSIS for importing data from access.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh and Nilanjan,

Thanks you both for responding to my question. Like Nilanjan wrote, the DTSX for import from MS Access would be interesting to investigate. Actually I hoped someone already did this and could tell me the possibilities or impossibilties to connect using DTSX a SAP R/3 envirioment.

If someone did this already, please let us know what your experience is. As for the SAP user community who is buying the SAP BPC MS version next to her SAP R/3, the answer to this question is relevant and can be usefull in both sales and implementation phase.

Thanks again for your reply,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using SQL 2008, follow this whitepaper:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd299430.aspx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

Have you used this successfully?

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Sorry for the delayed reply but still thank you for your reply. The document is good and we will see if it can be applied at my customer.

Thx again,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

For our implementation, we are using a custom ABAP program to extract ECC balance sheet data from FI tables. Using proxy, the data is sent through SAP XI (now called SAP PI) and sent directly to a custom SQL database for further processing before loading to Fact tables. We have ECC6.0 and BPC7.0MS version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Global COA Nalco,

Thx for your answer, this is what I am looking for.

Best regards,

Johan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since R/3 and BPC MS are not connected, you cannot import directly. You need a flat file interface inbetween.

If you have BW/BI then you can try Open Hub options. If you have BPC NW then you can import directly.