cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is BIA index and DB index?

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the diffrence between delete/create index from cube step present in process chain and delete/create BIA index of cube?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

DB Index

Database index is created on the database tables to improve read and write to the cubes.When the indexes are deleted for any cube while loading data to the cube it does not need to search the index for writing in the cube.Hence the loading performance is improved.Hence when we say we are deleting the DB index from the cube actually we are deleting these database indexes similarly while creating the indexes for the cube , we are creating these database indexes which inturn will improve the read performance.

The frequency of Deletion and Generation of Indexes depends on the volume of data the Info cube holds. If the cube has less data, the Indexes can be dropped before every load and Generated after the load is complete. Otherwise you can schedule a weekly run for the Deletion and Generation of Indexes in case of large volume of data.

BWA Index

You can create only one SAP NetWeaver BI accelerator index for each InfoCube. This BI accelerator index contains all the data from the InfoCube. In contrast to the procedure with aggregates, it is not necessary to make specific selections and restrictions for the definition of the BI accelerator index.

BWA indexes are created for the cube to solely improve the query performance and has no impact on the dataloads.

And you need to rollup the data after new data is loaded. I am assuming in your case , you might be doing some deletions hence deleting and recreating the BWA index.For more details on this you can refer a very good blog at the link below.

/people/sara.hollister/blog/2008/07/20/bia-blog-series-part-iv-bia-monitoring-and-maintenance

Hope this answered you.

-Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vikram,

I have a Business related issue, where the Business reports that the PRODHIER LEVEL6 value that is shown in the report is not correct.

Instead of showing the whole length of data in the field, it is showing only its first two characters.

Ex. PRODHIER Value - F42XXXXXXX

And PRODHIER6 should display F42XXXX, but at report level and at cube level after doing DB aggregation the value that is displayed is F4.

I tried dropping BIA Indexes and rebuilding but the issue is same even then.

I have thought of an alternate solution but haven't tried it yet. The solution is to drop the data at the cube level and then reload it from the base ODS and after rollup, to check once again. Please advise if this is feasible or if you have an alternate solution, please advise.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the field length of PRODHIER6? Is PRODHIER6 an attribute of something and if yes, did you check what is the value exiting in master data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The lenght of PRODH6 is 18.

PRODH6 is an attribute to Material and I checked the Material Master Table and the value in the Master Table looks good but at cube level the data shows this inconsistency.

Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is PRODH6 a navigation attribute in the cube or is it a direct field in the cube? If it is navigation attribute in the cube, what is it showing in data display of cube data in RSA1? What it shows here in RSA1 can't be different to what exists is master data in case of a navigation attribute.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gaurav,

Check this link for information of BIA index.Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Sushil