cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM where used list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am looking for SAP standard functionality in whcih i can search material in all Bill of material for entire client

I am looking for something other than CS15 or CS12

to be more precise, I am looking for function module or any program

get me

1. Get me list of all component raw material on it

2. when we enter raw material i get list of all material associated with tht material

Both Function i need in one report.

Any function module can also work

Thanks

Sunil

Edited by: Sunil Raj Singh on Jan 6, 2010 12:26 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

FM to get multi-level bom explosion like CS12 use: CS_BOM_EXPL_MAT_V2 with the parameter MEHRS = 'X'. The other FM which you can check is CSAP_MAT_BOM_READ.

FM to do where-used like CS15 use : CS_WHERE_USED_MAT or CSEP_MAT_BOM_SELECT_WHERE_USED.

But if you want to incorporate both of them into a single report i would strongly suggest against it, simply because the runtimes will put too much of load on the system & also user would not be able to make any meaningful inferences from the same.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vivek

But Are sure we can club this two requirement in single program or query to get results

Please let me know if there is other way of doing it

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As the saying goes, 'anything is possible'.

But as a functional person you should know, that it is meaningless to combine both these requirements into one.

I take a simple example of a multi-level BOM with 100 lines, now just imagine the plight of the system if you combine the 2 requirements.

First you do a multi-level explosion & read all 100 lines & then you do a where-used for all those 100 materials.

Consider that you manage to do it, how do you propose to display it on the screen ?

Think of it from the user perspective, how can he or she make any meaningful inference from such a report ?

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

oguzhans
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

CS_WHERE_USED_MAT does not get multilevel BOM. But you can run CS15 in background as below.

cl_salv_bs_runtime_info=>set( display  = abap_false
metadata = abap_false
data = abap_true ).

SUBMIT rcs15001 WITH pm_idnrk = iv_idnrk
WITH pm_werks = iv_werks
WITH pm_mehrs = 'X' "Multilevel
AND RETURN .
TRY.
cl_salv_bs_runtime_info=>get_data_ref( IMPORTING r_data = DATA(lobj_data) ).
ASSIGN lobj_data->* TO FIELD-SYMBOL(<lfs_data>).
CATCH cx_salv_bs_sc_runtime_info.
ENDTRY.

IF <lfs_data> IS ASSIGNED.
DATA: lt_stpov_alv TYPE TABLE OF stpov_alv.
lt_stpov_alv = CORRESPONDING #( <lfs_data> ).
ENDIF.