cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open Hub - 3rd Party -- Delete Requests

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on a project to get data out of SAP BW via 3rd party open hub destination. Where do I go to delete failed/pending requests?

When setting up the OHD initially, we didn't have the program id registered properly on our server. Using SQL Server SSIS, I was able to connect to the SAP system and start the OHD process chain. The DTP started processing data but was unable to send it back across to the SSIS instance due to the program registration issue. After awhile the SSIS connection timed out and left the request orphaned.

Later, after the program was registered properly and I was able to get data out of a different source table/OHD destination, I attempted to retry the first OHD from above. The job immediately failed telling me that the previous request was still running and locked. I was unable to set either of the requests to red/green and retry. I also tried to delete the OHD source but the locked request won't allow that either. Now any DTP that is attached to the DataStore fails as well.

Thanks in advance for anything that could help.

JW

Edited by: J W on Jan 8, 2010 7:58 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sundeep_chalasani
Participant
0 Kudos

1) Double click on the DTP

2) Click on "Last Request"

3) Click on "Where-used List"

4) Delete the failed (RED) Request.

Now re-run your job and it shold work without any issues.

Thanks,

Sundeep Chalasani

disnapper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Sundeep!

This one worked for me.

Regards,
Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can't you see your running request using the DTP monitor (after double clicking on dtp)?

Otherwise check out in SM37 if any job BIDTPR_* is running and cancel it.

I hope this helps

Rgds,

former_member202087
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Looks like this message was from quite a while back and I never saw a response. Don't know if you can remember back that far but did you ever get this resolved? I am running into almost the exact same issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've since created a program that does the steps for us, but here are the steps to do to manually remove the requests.

1) check table RSBREQUID3RD there should be an entry with the OH Destination and the request number

if there is none (for example when the process got stuck somehow) create an entry, if there is one, change the 3rd party status to "G"

2) check table RSBKREQUEST there should be an entry for the request number. Make sure the Technical Request status TSTATE is equal to 2 (Processed successfully)

3) run function module RSB_API_OHS_REQUEST_SETSTATUS and give as parameters the request number and STATUS = "R"

4) run program RSBK_DEL_DTP_REQ_FROM_OHD and give as parameters the OH destination and the request number. uncheck the test run. This program will back track and delete the indicated request all subsequent requests in that OH destination

5) Verify that the data request (and subsequent) was deleted from the OH destination by displaying the contents of table /BIC/OH<your OH destination name here>

Former Member
0 Kudos

JW,

let me thank you very much for your posting. that is excellent stuff! Really!

What i actually don't like about our colleagues at SAP (whoever may feel concerned) is that there is a bucket full of issues around OpenHub (and frankly spoken not only there) existing for a number of years and apparently nobody at SAP seems to care about it. individual customers are facing the same pain in the lower back again and again in different locations and are expected to help each other out there on the 'daily battlefield'.  *sigh*

... and THX again!  😉

cheers

Harry

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that this is a relatively old post but it is the most relevant to my issue. We have two 3rd Party Open Hubs that are currently set to a "Full" extract mode. We need to change them to be "Delta".

I have followed the 5 steps that you described in your post but still cannot change the Open Hubs to delta. I am new to BW so wonder if there are some assumed steps that would be obvious to someone more schooled in the ins / outs of BW?

The OpenHub is on top of a multi-provider and the DTP is part of a process chain. Does something within this architecture dictate that I need extra steps? Such as deleting and redefining the process chain? Yes, flailing about in the dark but need to get this changed ASAP.

Thanks,

Kelly

Former Member
0 Kudos

You change your extract type in your DTP definition, moving from FULL to DELTA.  The first time you run, it will need to push a FULL again as your OHD table is empty and everything is considered a DELTA.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the fast response! I have tried to do that...when in change mode the extract mode is still greyed out and I cannot change. (screen shot below, note the extraction mode is still greyed)

Thanks again,

Kelly

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm pretty sure you can't set a MutiProvider to a Delta.  A Multi-Provider does not hold data (view), so there are no requests that it can track in the delta logic.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow. Thanks so much. Creates a bit of work on our end but glad to have it resolved!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the information JW. This was a really helpful post!

Snehith

disnapper
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the details.