cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action for creating a subsequent document??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

which action can I use to create a subsequent document?

Thanks, Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use copy_document method in which you call crm_order_maintain function module.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I can't find method COPY_DOCUMENT!? Is it a function module?

Thanks, Johannes

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

COPY_DOCUMENT is not a function. It is a processing method for actions.

Kindly check the following online help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm70/helpdata/en/54/238e39e1ba3541e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Nicolas Busson.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.. I still wasn't able to determine how to "call" COPY_DOCUMENT.. I didn't find it as a BAdI in transcation SE18, neither..

Can you explain real quick how to use it?

Thanks, Johannes

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well... you'll find everything you need in SPRO:

CRM >> Basic functions >> Actions >> Actions in transactions >> Change actions and conditions

Check action profile ACTIVITY as mentioned in my first post: that will be a good example on how to create a followup document either manually or automatically in background. No need to code anything: kindly read the online help for more information about all the available possibilities offered by this tool.

COPY_DOCUMENT is one of the methods delivered by SAP:

CRM >> Basic functions >> Actions >> Actions in transactions >> Business Add-ins >> BADI: Processing methods.

Kind regards,

Nicolas Busson.

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If by "action" you mean "action within an action profile", then I would suggest to use processing method "COPY_DOCUMENT".

Take a look at standard action profile ACTIVITY, and action ACTIVITY_FOLLOWUP for more details.

Regards,

Nicolas Busson.

rb
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If you mean a business object like quotation -> order. You can use CRM_ORDER_MAINTAIN with the DocFlow table as parameter.

Edited by: Richard Brünning on Jan 11, 2010 2:59 PM