cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrate BO reports into Portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

is there any way to integrate BO reports (like Crystal Reports and Xcelsius Dashbords) into an existing Web Portal (which is neither Sharepoint nor Enterprise Portal, more like some kind of self-made-one)?

Is there also some kind of possibility for single sign on?

Thanks & best regards,

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

thanks a lot. I'm not sure if i get it right:

As far as i understood, my technology of choise to integrate BO Reports into any kind of web-portals is the "Integration Kit for SAP". These functionality can be adressed either via .NET or via Java.

Right? So seems like there is a lot of custom development needed...

While peeking through the documents i stumbled across "InfoView", but as this seems to be a standalone Portal Solutions it's not what i need.

Can you please verify my assumptions i got from the documents?

Thanks a lot & best regards,

Daniel

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

the integration kit of SAP is only going to work for SAP products/portals

We also have kits for sharepoint, weblogic, oracle, and websphere.

All the kits require the BO enterprise running in the back end

Using URL reporting (opendoc) will allow you to access BO reports with various options from any portal even if there is no integration kit but still requires a BOE backend.

It is possible to post in the SDK forums and write your own code for .net/java to give you more custom options.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as i understood, my technology of choise to integrate BO Reports into any kind of web-portals is the "Integration Kit for SAP".

Actually, no. The SAP integration kit will not help you with custom portal development. This is a solution for integration with SAP only.

These functionality can be adressed either via .NET or via Java.

Right? So seems like there is a lot of custom development needed...

Frankly, there's alot of custom development work with a home-grown portal. But I'd do research on the Crystal Viewer for Crystal Reports. If you're using Visual Studio and install BusinessObjects, you can use the BOE APIs directly in VS.

While peeking through the documents i stumbled across "InfoView", but as this seems to be a standalone Portal Solutions it's not what i need.

Yes, InfoView is the native portal installed with BusinessObjects Enterprise. Your easiest path is tp provide links from your portal to the BusinessObjects portal (you can use doclinks if you care to target a specific report). Depending on your infrastructure, you may be able to accomplish this without the need for your end users to log into the BOE system (SSO).

BusinessObjects also offers portal integration kits, but these apply to commercially available portals and likely would not be useful in your case.

You might want to look here for a start:

http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2SP2/en/devsuite.htm

Also, posting in the SDK forums may be more appropriate for custom development work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim ,

I have to view my BO reports (built on oracle database) in oracle Web center. Is there a kit available for Webcenter -BO integration . Also , if there is any documentation or process guidelines explaining the same.

Regards,

Sagar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, got it. Thanks a lot for all the valuable input.

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can also just put in opendocument links to run reports with various reporting options. If you want SSO can be enabled to make the report links seemless.

[see this doc for more info |http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi3-1_url_reporting_opendocument_en.pdf]

Regards,

Tim

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Daniel,

I would suggest you start with the product documentation for the SAP Integration Kit.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Daniel,

Yes. There are both Java and .NET APIs that allow you to embed viewers in portal interfaces. Part of the API is dedicated to authentication as well.