cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP connector: java.lang.NullPointerException

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are actually using the free of charge version of cps.

Right now we are just running one job there "SAP_CCMS_MONI_BATCH_DP" It worked fine for about 2 weeks. Today I saw that the job is not executed in the SAP System anymore.

The error message is:

An error has occurred in the SAP connector: java.lang.NullPointerException

Details:

java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:58)

at java.lang.String.regionMatches(String.java:886)

at java.lang.String.startsWith(String.java:981)

at java.lang.String.startsWith(String.java:966)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.JobParameterHelper.getParametersStartingWith(JobParameterHelper.java:276)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.impl.AbapRunPrintCommand.doAddSteps(AbapRunPrintCommand.java:256)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.AbstractXbpJobRunCommand.execute(AbstractXbpJobRunCommand.java:177)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.AbstractXbpCommand.doExecute(AbstractXbpCommand.java:123)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:56)

at com.redwood.scheduler.connector.sap.rfc.service.SapJobWork.doWork(SapJobWork.java:107)

at com.redwood.scheduler.infrastructure.workqueue.Worker.run(Worker.java:59)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:838)

I have already checked the connection from CPS to the SAP System - everything is ok... I have restarted the process server...

Regards

Johannes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

the jobs are runing again.

We restarted the Java Stack of Solman in SMICM. After that it worked fine again.

Thanks for your help...

Regards

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Anton,

my college told me right now, that we have patched the SAp System with the latest Kernel:

Kernel Release: 701

Patch Level 75

ABAP LOAD 1565

CUA-Load 32

Mode opt

The Job failed exactly at that time, when the Kernel was patched...

Regards

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Just to make sure: the job keeps failing since the update, it was not just a one-off failure ?

If so, then probably the best is to log a ticket in OSS.

Maybe uploading the default trace file will help in the analysis.

Regards,

Anton.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

I didn´t add anything...

The version of cps is M28.17-35130

Regards

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Johannes,

Did you change anything else ? Parameter values (variant), add a parameter, ... ?

And which version are you using exactly ? Click the "i" in the top right corner of the UI window, this will give the exact version, something like M26.##-##### or M28.##-#####.

Regards,

Anton.