cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Database Connector Error with native Oracle driver

Former Member
0 Kudos

When trying to connect to an Oracle 10g DB via the native driver, I get an "Unknown Database Connector Error".

Using the same credentials with the OLEDB driver, my connection attempt is successful. Am I doing something wrong?

I checked the version of crdb_oracle.dll, which is 12.2.3.467 . There are some dlls that have the same version, but many others have other versions with 12.1.0.882 and 12.2.0.290 occurring most often.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hello,

Is the Oracle \bin folder in your PATH statement? As a test can you create a DSN to the Oracle server, test the connection also. I use the ODBC DSN test to verify the client install and PATH is configured properly.

I suggest you re-install SP2, try doing it from the Add/Remove Programs and use the Repair option to see if that updates the dll's.

Important ones are crqe.dll, querybuilder.dll and crdb_oracle.dll, they should all be the same version.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 3 DLLs you mentioned all have the same version.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The bin folder of my oracle installation is in the system-wide path statement. I also successfully created an ODBC System DSN via the Microsoft ODBC Administrator.

Using the ODBC driver for a connection however fails as well: "Internal error - unable to initialize NLS during driver load".

The native connection still does not work. Any more ideas?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What finally resolved my problem was the installation of the latest [Oracle Data Access Components|http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/windows/odpnet/index.html ] .

Now I can make a connection via the native driver.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.