Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error MDDataSetBW.GetCellData

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ALL,

I tried to create a report with measures and dimensions.....but it thre me

" A database error occured.The database error text is :Error in MDDataSetBW.GetCellData. See RFC trace file or SAP system Log for more details .(WIS 10901).

Please let me know how to solve this problem.

Thanks and Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pali,

GetCellData error we get when

1. we create universe on top of Bex Query which is having info objects like Info sourec, etc. Try removing all un wanted infoobjects from bex Query and "refresh universe structure" and go ahead with your reporting.

2. If your universe is on top of Infocube or multi provider then check the Universe connection whether it is responding or not. If it is responding then go for "Refresh Universe Structure" then save and export and go ahead with reporting.

Hope this will solve your problem. If not give me some more clarity on your question.

Thanks.

ChiranGV

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Chiran,

Thanks for your reply.

The universe is build on BEX Query only and it is a Standard SAP Query, when ever i try to include more than 2 feilds it throws me this error....

Regards

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

and how many rows of data will that be ?

Ingo

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

In BEX Analyzer when i run the query i get 194 rows of data, When i try in Webi with same data elemets i get the above error.

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I see this thread has been answered, but I wanted to add one more thing.

I get this same error on an InfoCube for CCMS reporting data, which is loaded every hour. So once an hour I get the same message everyone has been getting. If it says also that the infocube was compression, then likely this is related to the database you use.

Remember, using an Oracle database for your BW allows you to continue reporting while an infocube is being compressed. Any other database will cause you're reports (in Bex analyzer, webI, etc) to throw an exception if you attempt to run the report while the InfoCube is still being compressed. Unfortunately, on my current project we are using MsSQL for our SAP systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We were getting a similar issue on BEx which had customer hierarchy of six levels and when we remove l06 object from query panel it resolved the problem.In our case active hierarchy is only upto 5 levels.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

In SAP BW, go to SM59 transaction.

Then, goto to "TCP/IP Connection" and then to "MDX PARSER".

Press the "connection test" (i've got in another language SAP BW, but I think that it's something like this).

The Test runs OK?

If not, your basis have to configure it.

It's something like copy the "librfc32.dll" file or "librfc32u.dll" in a folder.

But your basis could look about it in this forum.

I hope that it's works for you.

Kind regards, Lionel Honigman

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Lionel ,

The test runs OK and library was already added.

Regards

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

trace the details of the workflow and post a link to download the trace files here.

details can be found here:

Tracing:

Unix : Note 1235111

Windows : Note 1260004

Ingo

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

kc3cdbtbdacs.cpp:3962:enum ConnectionServer::Status __cdecl tbCnxSrvrRecordSet::doCSExecute(class ibo_ptr<struct IConnectionServer::JobResultSet> &,class std::auto_ptr<class ConnectionServer::ResultSet> &): TraceLog message 152

2010/01/29 14:39:40.889|>=|E|X| 1616|4688| |||||||||||||||Uncaught Exception in SilentScope: C3_dacs:CSJob::Execute(*Res): 1.515

kc3cdbtbdacs.cpp:317:long __cdecl DoReportCSError(const class ConnectionServer::Error &,const int,const char *const 😞 TraceLog message 153

2010/01/29 14:39:40.889|>>|E| | 1616|4688| |||||||||||||||**ERROR:C3_dacs:CS::Error : (DBD(1),ID:769) "Error in MDDataSetBW.GetCellData. See RFC trace file or SAP system log for more details" . [kc3cdbtbdacs.cpp;317]

kc3cdbtbdacs.cpp:3200:long __thiscall tbCnxSrvrRecordSet::StartFetching(void): TraceLog message 154

2010/01/29 14:39:40.889|>>|E| | 1616|4688| |||||||||||||||**ERROR:C3_dacs:ReportCSError failed. [kc3cdbtbdacs.cpp;3200]

kdgWICDZProc.cpp:731:void __thiscall WICDZProcBasic::generateResult(class OBFixSeq<unsigned char> *&,const char *,const char *,const char *,const unsigned char *,const unsigned char *,class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > *,int,bool &): TraceLog message 155

2010/01/29 14:39:40.921|>>|E| | 1616|4688| |||||||||||||||**ERROR:WICDZ_i:Error stream : <ERRORS>

<ERROR COMPONENT="WIS" ERRORCODE="10901" ERRORTYPE="USER" MESSAGE="A database error occured. The database error text is: Error in MDDataSetBW.GetCellData. See RFC trace file or SAP system log for more details. (WIS 10901)" PREFIX="ERR">

<DEBUGINFO BORESULT="5" FILENAME="kc3cdbtbdacs.cpp" LINEPOSITION="3198" MODULENAME="C3_CS"/>

<REQUESTINFO COMMANDID="" COMMANDNAME="" DPID="DP0" DPLONGNAME="Query 1 - Vacant Positions per job" DPNAME="Query 1"/>

<REASON>

<CONTENT>

</CONTENT>

</REASON>

</ERROR>

</ERRORS>

[kdgWICDZProc.cpp;731]

kc3cdbtbdacs.cpp:3962:enum ConnectionServer::Status __cdecl tbCnxSrvrRecordSet::doCSExecute(class ibo_ptr<struct IConnectionServer::JobResultSet> &,class std::auto_ptr<class ConnectionServer::ResultSet> &): TraceLog message 156

2010/01/29 14:40:23.735|>=|E|X| 1616|5792| |||||||||||||||Uncaught Exception in SilentScope: C3_dacs:CSJob::Execute(*Res): 0.047

kc3cdbtbdacs.cpp:317:long __cdecl DoReportCSError(const class ConnectionServer::Error &,const int,const char *const 😞 TraceLog message 157

2010/01/29 14:40:23.735|>>|E| | 1616|5792| |||||||||||||||**ERROR:C3_dacs:CS::Error : (DBD(1),ID:769) "Error in MDDataSetBW.GetCellData. See RFC trace file or SAP system log for more details" . [kc3cdbtbdacs.cpp;317]

kc3cdbtbdacs.cpp:3200:long __thiscall tbCnxSrvrRecordSet::StartFetching(void): TraceLog message 158

2010/01/29 14:40:23.735|>>|E| | 1616|5792| |||||||||||||||**ERROR:C3_dacs:ReportCSError failed. [kc3cdbtbdacs.cpp;3200]

kdgWICDZProc.cpp:731:void __thiscall WICDZProcBasic::generateResult(class OBFixSeq<unsigned char> *&,const char *,const char *,const char *,const unsigned char *,const unsigned char *,class std::basic_istream<char,struct std::char_traits<char> > *,int,bool &): TraceLog message 159

2010/01/29 14:40:23.767|>>|E| | 1616|5792| |||||||||||||||**ERROR:WICDZ_i:Error stream : <ERRORS>

<ERROR COMPONENT="WIS" ERRORCODE="10901" ERRORTYPE="USER" MESSAGE="A database error occured. The database error text is: Error in MDDataSetBW.GetCellData. See RFC trace file or SAP system log for more details. (WIS 10901)" PREFIX="ERR">

<DEBUGINFO BORESULT="5" FILENAME="kc3cdbtbdacs.cpp" LINEPOSITION="3198" MODULENAME="C3_CS"/>

<REQUESTINFO COMMANDID="" COMMANDNAME="" DPID="DP0" DPLONGNAME="Query 1 - Vacant Positions per job" DPNAME="Query 1"/>

<REASON>

<CONTENT>

</CONTENT>

</REASON>

</ERROR>

</ERRORS>

[kdgWICDZProc.cpp;731]

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

not the right trace file and you should post a link to download the complete file.

ingo

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo,

Please tell me how to post the LINK?

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there are lots of services on the internet that allow to host a file. I assume you are able to find one

ingo

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thats the wrong logfile. you should have a SOFA and a MDX logfile.

Ingo

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Ingo,

Please tell me the location of SOFA and MDX log..coz i could not find it. How do i generate these files.

Thanks for your help

Regards

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Anyone inputs from anyone who got around solving this problem, if they had at any point.

Any answers highly appreciated

Thanks and Regards

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

that is part of the notes and the notes explain the locations for the files.

Ingo

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

most likely you are asking for too much data.

Which vrsion of BW and which version of BusinessObjects are you using ?

thanks

ingo

former_member539471
Participant
0 Kudos

Ingo,

We are on BI 7.1 .

and BO 3.1 Sp2 fix pack 2.3.

Even if it is about the Load....so do i solve this issue.

Thanks a lot