cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System cannot find source storage bin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our materials are batch managed, when i try to create a Transfer order with reference to a delivery for a batch material i am getting an information " No batch has been determined" in T-code LT03 and an error message "System cannot find source storage bin".

I have mainatined stock removal strategy as "F" for the storage type ,also has mainatined storage type search strategy.

If the batch is given manually in the Transfer order screen the system is determining the bin automatically.But I want the system to determine the Batch automatically on FIFO basis in WM (stock removal strategy F)

Kindly advise.

Regards,

MM user

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you want the system to select quants according to FIFO regardless of the batch do not configure any batch determination (neither for SD nor for WM). The "batch" field in the outbound delivery has to be empty. The system will then pick stock according to the picking strategy set up for the respective storage type, e.g. FIFO, and update the outbound delivery after transfer order confirmation.

Best regards,

Christiane

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you are creating the TO starting from LT03, choose "Stock removal foreground" (F9). When you get the error message go to menu > Environmant > Stor Bin Search Log (SHIFT+F8).

Here you'll see what the problem is (hopefully...).

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked the same

this is the log the system is giving

Stk rmvl storg. type 001 Stk rmvl strategy F FIFO (First in first out)

System message L3 008

System cannot find source storage bin

Regards,

MM user

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

...and what is the stock situation in your warehouse? What's about storage type 001? Do you have sufficient stock?

1. Please check where your stock is located in your WH (e.g. LX02)

2. Please check whether there's any storage type in your search strategy which has stock from the material.

(SPRO > LE > WM > Startegies > Activate storage Type Search

But based on your log system stopped when check storage type 001...

3. If things seems to be fine please check whether your storage type, bin are ,ocked, whether there are any unconfimred TO for the material (LT22)

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c6/f845874afa11d182b90000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

If your search startey is defned properly I think it should work...

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you assign WM Search Procedure in "Batch Search Procedure Allocation and Check Activation-Assign WM Search Procedure" (Normally WM001) to your warehouse. If yes, check whether Condition record exists for relevant strategy type (Normally WM01)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is working when i maintain a batch determination strategy at WM level.But i dont want to maintain the strategy,if my understanding is right the system should automatically select the batch on FIFO basis if my stock removal strategy is F.

Regards,

MM user

Edited by: mm Keyuser on Feb 7, 2010 7:47 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error message 'No batch has been determined' is displayed onf if you have an incorrect Batch Search Strategy at WM level.

If you would like the Transfer Order to get batches as part of FIFO picking strategy then follow these steps:

1. un-assign any Batch Search Procedure given at WM level, transaction OMK1

2. make sure your storage type picking strategy is F

Obviously you will not be entering any batch numbers in delivery level.

So thats it! these two steps should make it working.

Regards

Baseer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for the replies

I have not maintained WM batch search procedure and has mainatined F for the storage type ,still it is not picking the batch automatically.

I shall go through the settings once again and let you all know if this is working.

Regards,

MM user

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should set up batch determination for WM or the SD delivery. In the IMG under General Logistics / Batch Management.