cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This field name is not known" error on client machine for CR2008/VS2008

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Currently I am testing CR2008 SP2 with VS2008. For client machine I have ONLY installed runtime package "cr2008sp2_redistinstall.zip". When my .NET application process Crystal report on client machine it shows following error which doesn't occured on development machine.

[exportReport] :This field name is not known.

Details: errorKind

Error in File LiqAcctsByTrader2008 {BDB52B49-DE27-44E5-995E-272260B791AF}.rpt:

Error in formula New_Page_After:

'whileprintingrecords;

'

This field name is not known.

Details: errorKind -- This field name is not known.

Error in File LiqAcctsByTrader2008 {BDB52B49-DE27-44E5-995E-272260B791AF}.rpt:

Error in formula New_Page_After:

'whileprintingrecords;

'

This field name is not known.

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ConvertDotNetToErom.ThrowDotNetException(Exception e)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.EromReportSourceBase.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.ExportToStream(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.FormatEngine.Export(ExportRequestContext reqContext)

at CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.ExportToDisk(ExportFormatType formatType, String fileName)

at CrRptProcessor.RptProcessor.exportReport(ReportDocument rptDoc)

[RptProcessor.processCrRpt] Report processed with error.

I was wondering do I need to install anything else on client machine additional to "cr2008sp2_redistinstall.zip" for CR2008.

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a good chance a field was dropped from your report definition because the data you are sending to the report doesn't match the definition. You have a formula that is using the field which was dropped and results in the error displayed.

Are you using a .NET DataSet as your datasource? If so, make sure your dataset in production has exactly the same structure as dev. You can write out the XML (include schema) to be sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David

Yes , datasource is dataset. But I am using same executable for client machine and developement machine so ideally it should produce same result. Also if I take same source code and compile with Crystal Report XI R2 libraries then it work's fine. So I think runtime distribution of CR2008 sp2 is missing any thing on client machine ? do I have to also install runtime distribution of CR2008Sp1 and CR2008SP0 also on client machine ??

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

9 times out of 10 this is due to a dropped field. Look hard at your formula workshop and figure out what fields you are accessing in one of the New_Page_After sections. You'll want to modify your code such that you can write your XML to disk using the WriteXML method. Then, compare the resulting XML from dev to production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try it monday and let you know

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To help you in troubleshooting the issue, have a look at [this|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/13270] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; blog.

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was issue with datetime field in DataSet. formala has following content

whileprintingrecords;

not(nextisnull({account.cobdt}))

if i change from "account.cobdt" to "account.acctname" which is string file it works fine. So I have uninstalled SP2 and installed againg SP2 with 2.4 then it works fine. So it was bug with SP2 with datetime filed in dataset

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for updating your post. I had a look at the release notes for FixPack 2.4 and think your issue was related to the following problem report.

ADAPT01313677

Description:

When a Crystal Reports 2008 .NET application uses an ADO .NET dataset, the "Date Time" field fails to be displayed.

This problem happens on machines on which Service Pack 2 was installed from Merge Module (msm or msi) files.

New Behavior:

This problem is resolved.

XI 3.1 FixPack 2.3

Modified Components:

Windows crdb_adoplus.dll

Former Member
0 Kudos

where did you find release notes for FixedPack 2.4. Because last few days I tried to find it , no documentation I found on Crystal/SAP/BO websites

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm an SAP Canada employee and have access to the release notes internally. We don't have a good process for publishing the release notes for Crystal Reports to the SDN yet. We are discussing this issue with the program managers to have them released regularly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a timeframe for this?

I've downloaded the Fixpack 2.4 and there wasn't even a README.txt.

I wouldn't mind knowing what was fixed before I install a Fixpack.

There is the odd release notes in the download section so it could be put in this way. There's also an icon next to each download. (That would be a good spot too.)

Thanks in advance,

J

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry. I have no timeline to give you.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've cobbled together [this|https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=163843498] wiki. It's not quite finished - needs a bit of a clean up and disclaimers, but in a nut shell it gives the info you are looking for. This is specific to Crystal Reports 2008 and InProc RAS. There is no BOE (NET or Java SDK) fixes noted in these wikis. This is by design as customers with a valid maintenance contract are able to access these from our BOSAP gated site.

My intent is to keep updating these wikis as FPs and SPs are released.

Ludek

Answers (0)