cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

did not accept login request as admin on port 50018

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reader(s),

Below is the ERROR MESSAGE I get when I deploy from my local NetWeaver Developer Studio to the (remote) J2EE application server.

-

In NWDS I made the following settings:

NWDS/Window/Preferences/SAP J2EE Engine

Message Server Host: serversap01

Message Server Port: 3601

-

I assume the J2EE_ADMIN user is used when establishing a connection between NWDS and the application server?

When I use the remote GUI from SDM on the server I can see the http server configuration on port 50019 is not running. Can this be the reason?

-

ERROR MESSAGE:

SDM host : serversap01

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/jasper/LOCALS1/Temp/temp16161Calculator_Sol_EAR.ear

Deployment exception : Server serversap01 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018.

Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server serversap01 at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect

Inner exception was :

Server serversap01 did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details:

ERROR: Could not establish connection to server serversap01 at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect

-

Please can anyone advise? Thanks in advance, Jasper

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Jasper,

This problem occurs when from someone is already logged in to the SDM server.

SDM server can accept only one connection.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidarth,

For me this is not the case. I am 100% sure nobody else is logged on. On the server are no active sessions and currently I am the only one deploying from the NWDS.

Regards, Jasper

sid-desh
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Jasper,

Then the other possibility is that someone has changed the admin password. Please make sure that no one has changed the Administrator password.

However i still feel that this error comes when some other connection is still open. If you dont log off from SDM GUI and just close the screen then also the connection is still open.

Regards

Sidharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sidharth,

I tried both options:

The admin (which is J2EE_ADMIN) password works for the SDM GUI on the server itself.

(D:\usr\sap\SID\DVEBMGS00\SDM\program\RemoteGui.bat)

So nobody changed it.

I also stopped the SDM to loose any "open connections":

StopServer "password=<sdm_password>"

I started SDM again: StartServer

And tried to deploy again from the NWDS. Still it does not work.

Regards, Jasper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasper

Try maintaining this setting in your host file of your machine(from where u deploy)

<the ip address of serversap01> serversap01

Regards

Pran

Message was edited by: Pran Bhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

Thanks, but I already tried things following notes 756084 and 783965.

Regards, Jasper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jasper

What do you see when you try this command in a command prompt

telnet serversap01 50018

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pran,

"telnet serversap01 50018" replies successfull. I can see a prompt.

ADDITIONAL INFO:

I also installed NetWeaver Developer Studio on the server and deploying on the server itself goes fine. When it comes to deploying from an other machine to the server I get a pop-up window for the SDM-password. After that I get the error message "did not accept login request as admin on port 50018".

The hosts files are ok. Could it be some setting one of the J2EE admin tools like Visual Administrator or Configtool?

Any other tips for solving the problem are welcome.

Best regards, Jasper

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try using FQDN's (Fully Qualified Domain Names).

MartyMcCormick
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Are you trying to deploy over a VPN connection? There is a known issue with this and a fix is provided in Note 941150.

(Issue is fixed in sp17 and greater).

Hope this helps,

Marty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marty,

THANKS A LOT! Indeed we deploy over a VPN connection. This note solved our problem.

Best regards,

Jasper

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

one tip just crossed my mind: you can also use the command

netstat -a

to figure out whether the given port is open.

Regards,

Ervin

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

I have an issue with CTS+ in SOLMAN when chek tp tool on EP QAS and PRD:

com.sap.di.cts.deploy.api.exception.DeployToolCommunicationException: RemoteException: Server svsappoi did not accept login request

as admin on port 50118. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection

Any clue?

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

if the engine where you intend to deploy is higher equal to 710 then the port is 5xx04 else (this is the 70X case) it is 5xx18.

5xx04 stands for the P4 protocol and used by the deploy controller as of 710,

5xx18 stands for the sdm port used by SDM on 640/70X.

Are you sure you are using the correct port number?

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was with the same problem!!

Sep 10, 2010 7:39:13 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[001]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : lnw

SDM port : 50018

URL to deploy : file:/C:/DOCUME1/raphael/LOCALS1/Temp/temp4525043136276466867Rabitus.ear

Deployment exception : Server lnw did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server lnw at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect

Inner exception was :

Server lnw did not accept login request as admin on port 50018. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server lnw at port 50018: Connection timed out: connect

the problem was solved by two steps

1. in the host file i added

192.168.0.99 lnw

2. verify if port 50018 is willy allow trought net

to verify that, i used the FREEPORTSCANER software free that u can find in www.baixaki.com.br

in my case, that port was block, so i put that port 50018 with the ip in the router configuration and the problem was solved

I hope that tip be useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! I'm in a similar situation with Jasper, where I have to deploy from my local NWDS to the remote J2EE Engine and get the same error message.

Jul 3, 2006 3:24:27 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[002]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : servername

SDM port : 50218

URL to deploy : file:XXXXX

Deployment exception : Server servername did not accept login request as admin on port 50218. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server servername at port 50218: Connection timed out: connect

Inner exception was :

Server servername did not accept login request as admin on port 50218. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server servername at port 50218: Connection timed out: connect

Message Server Host: servername

Message Server Port: 3603

I also did SAP note 783965. But I'm still getting this error message.

Do I still have some more configurations to do before this thing works? I'm not using VPN. Can anyone please advice? Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again!

Please disregard my previous post, I've found the solution myself. Thanks for reading though!

Former Member
0 Kudos

How about posting the solution you found yourself? This could help other people with similar problems!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i got the same problem as u. even i have the sap j2ee engine & NWDS SP17 running oon same machine. i'm not able to deploy from local as well as remote. Please let me know the solution that u found out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

I am also facing the same problem. Pls share the solution..

Best Rgds

Shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you need to change the hosts file..when you get the error after the port it mentions the name of the system.In hosts file map it to the IP address of the server. This worked for me

Rgds

Shashank

Former Member
0 Kudos

what is that solution u got urself.let everyone know

Former Member
0 Kudos

We also had this problem today so I thought I'd add our info to the thread.

The timing of our problem today was such that we suspected, but couldn't be sure, it was related to a hardware move for our "Test" portal onto a new IP. (The problem was when importing to test.) After trying and verifying numerous things, we opted to restart the NWDI SAP instance. This resolved our problem.

If it was related to the portal box move, then we theorized that the IP address might have been cached somewhere. If it wasn't related to the portal box move, then we just took the Microsoft Windows approach (reboot) and it worked.

Carol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello! I'm in a similar situation with Jasper, where I have to deploy from my local NWDS to the remote J2EE Engine and get the same error message.

Jul 3, 2006 3:24:27 PM /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[002]Deployment aborted

Settings

SDM host : servername

SDM port : 50218

URL to deploy : file:XXXXX

Deployment exception : Server servername did not accept login request as admin on port 50218. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server servername at port 50218: Connection timed out: connect

Inner exception was :

Server servername did not accept login request as admin on port 50218. Details: ERROR: Could not establish connection to server servername at port 50218: Connection timed out: connect

Message Server Host: servername

Message Server Port: 3603

I also did SAP note 783965. But I'm still getting this error message.

Do I still have some more configurations to do before this thing works? I'm not using VPN. Can anyone please advice? Thanks in advance.