Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Object variable or with variable not set while accessing BPC Excel

former_member215589
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on BPC NW 7.5. When I am trying to access BPC for Excel I am getting the below error.

'object variable or with variable not set'

When I click on BPC for Excel it ask for the credentials, after entering it we encounter this error.

Any idea why is this happening?

Regards,

Priyanka Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

Do you get this message when you try to login to BPC Admin? Please check your authorizations. Do you get the same error if some other ID is used? Have you tried logging to any other appset?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I got the same problem as well. When logon to BPC excel there is error "Object variable or with block variable not set". But Logon to BPC administration is OK. I am sure that user name and password are correct.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Renne

former_member256391
Participant
0 Kudos

The issue could be with the member access profiles. Please ask your BPC admin to give access to the application (read/write) you are trying to log in.

After ths, you need to have relevant task profile if you would like to carry out any specific tasks using BPC excel.

Thanks,

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

Actually, I could access BPC excel before this happened. There is no changes on my profile and authorization. I have full admin authorization.

This problem happened suddenly.

Is there any other checking in the excel should be done? I tried to use Interface for Word and working fine.

Thanks,

Renne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nonik, Priyanka,

Try to do the following. Login to the backend SAP BW system that BPC NW sits on top of. Navigate to transaction SE38.

Run the program UJA3_WRITE_SYS_USERS.

With the parameters populated like the below

SystemAdmin: DOMAIN/USERID

Admin: BPCADMIN

User: BPCUSER

Now try to login to the frontend again. If the frontend lets you in then the colleagues on the thread attributing this to security authorizations were correct. Otherwise this is not a security issue at all and I would attempt re-installing the frontend.

Cheers, Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The problem solved now. In the excel, there is option that controlled ADD-IN. We need to enable add-in for Planning and Consolidation menu.

Thanks,

Renne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renne,

Could you share me the solution to resolve the issue?

I am getting an error "object variable or with block variable not set" while trying to submit data through an Input schedule.

I am working on SAP BPC 7.0 NW and using MS Excel 2003.

I can log in to BPC Admin and excel with my user id and password.

Only when i am trying to click esubmit --> send and refresh schedules i am getting this error.

I checked my security profile and i have the submit data task in my task profile.

Following couple existing SDN postings i tried to check the ADD-INs of the excel on my system. However it looks like the steps listed in the existing SDN posts are for MS EXCEL 2007.

Please suggest me how do i resolve this issue. Please note I am working on SAP BPC 7.0 NW and using MS Excel 2003.

Regards,

Jagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jagat, i had the same problem. In thread has the solution:

In Excel 2007, you need go to Excel Option -> Add-Ins -> Manage: COM Add-ins and Go...

You look "BPC COM" disable and need enable again.

regards,

Marco.

skumar_skumar3
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am facing 'object variable or with variable not set' Error while opening BPC Excel.

I have done, In Excel 2007, go to Excel Option -> Add-Ins -> Manage: COM Add-ins and Go...

You look "BPC COM" disable and need enable again.

But I am getting same Error message again and again. Please help me...

Thank you in Advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I just do as Marco's suggestion but I can not enable BPC COm because I get a error like this:

"This add-in installed for all users on this computer, and can only be connected or disconnectec by an administrator ". although I have grant permission : administrator on computer and BPC server.

who can tell me why???

Thank you very much

Best regards

Chinh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marco.  It worked for me.

0 Kudos

Hi Priyanka,

this is a general error message, as this came after you entered BPC credentials, check whether your credentials are valid, like if this user is a valid user and can access any of the appsets.

regards,

Sreedhar