cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with calculation of SLED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem with calculation of SLED (shelf life expiration date) for a batch managed product.

The settings in the material master is the following:

1. Total shelf life is set to 10

2. Minimum remaining shelf life is set to 1

3. Period indicator for shelf life is set to D

We are then performing transaction MIGO and are keying in a production date (HSDAT) of todays date 2010-02-24 (24th of Feb 2010).

Then the error message 12007 appears, "Shortfall of 350 days against remaining shelf life in current item (1 Day)"

Does anyone know why this error message is appearing?

Regards,

Lars

Edited by: Lars Tornblom on Feb 24, 2010 9:35 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Error is weird. It looks like you have given date of 24/02/2009. Thats why as per calculation it picks that 350 days mark. Or do you have any Badi activaed for SLED calculation?

The standard behavior is as follows.

A material has a minimum remaining shelf life of 10 days and a total shelf life of 20 days.

You enter the goods receipt of a new batch on 7/10 and enter 7/1 as production date. The system calculates the shelf life expiration date 07/21 from the production date plus total shelf life (20 days).

The batch still has a remaining shelf life of 11 days. The goods receipt is accepted.

Regards

Antony

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

350 days sounds like you're in the wrong period. Maybe wrong year.

Check the dates in the material document.

regards, Paul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

But both document date and posting date is set to 2010-02-24 (24th of Feb 2010)...this is very confusing to me.

I found and old OSS note for the problem 216125, but we are on a higher version (4.7).

Any other suggestion? It suspect the period indicator in the material master (MARA-IPRKZ) is indicating something wrong...even though I have set it to days. I tried months to, then the value was 10300 days wrong...

Regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Actually, we have implemented exit SAPLMHD1 so the SLED is picked up from a custom table.

I should have checked this first. Thanks for your input.

Regards,

Lars