cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Launch BPC Management Console

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am unable to launch the BPC management console. I have installed BPC 7.0 for MS and is running under Win server 2003 and SQL 2008. I am able to launch to BPC home page and have installed admin and office clients already.

Here is the error when launching BPC Managment Console: http://localhost/ManagementConsole

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized configuration section 'connectionStrings'

Line 12: <section name="dataConfiguration" type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.Configuration.DatabaseSettings, Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />

Line 13: </configSections>

Line 14: <connectionStrings>

Line 15: <add name="DBMain" connectionString="Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=AppServer;Data Source=SAPBPCDEV" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />

Line 16: </connectionStrings>

Source File: D:\BPC\Websrvr\ManagementConsole\web.config Line: 14

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2379; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2379

I have followed the How To Enable the BPC 7.0M Management Console Document already. still same error.

Do i need to change something from the web.config file?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Can you check also please if you have a dedicate application pool for Managemen Console virtual directory from IIS?

Also make sure that virtual directory of Managemnt console from IIS is using .NET 2.0 not 1.1 which seems is happening in your case.

After this changes you have to restart the IIS.

Kind Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

great work sorin! works now.

Thanks!

Osoft runs on 1.1.4322 asp.net

Management console runs on 2.0.5027 asp.net

why is that?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sorin_radulescu
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I think something was not right during the steps when you enabled Management Console.

Any way I suggest you to check if you have the table tbllogs and tblBPClog into appserver database.

It seems actually some components or some table required for Management COnsole are missing.

Kind Regards

Sorin Radulescu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI sorin,

I followed the how to enable Management console twice just to be sure.

also, i have tables

dbo.tblLogs

dbo.BPCLog

in my appserver database.