Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to test from FM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a FM from SE37 and tried to test it by clicking on the test icon, and I got an error "<b>Error generating the test frame</b>".

How can I fix this problem?

Thanks.

RT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no Problem with the FM, the FM is fine. <b>"Error generating the test frame".</b> is familar one. and Try to call the FM in the Program and test. i think you are trying it Directly from SE37.

Have a try from the Program it works fine.

Regards

vijay

13 REPLIES 13

nishanthbhandar
Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure that your FM is activated.The test frame will get generated then.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you activate the includes in the main Program.

Just goto the menu option goto->main program and activate the includes if not activated. And try to execute the same.

Regards,

Ram Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rob

Try to call the FM from your program instead of testing from Se37. It will work fine.

Regards

Naresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Save the FM and make sure that the FM is active.

rgds

TM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Even I am facing same problem with standard FM.

It is activated properly.

It works fine when called from other program.

What should be the problem???

Rgds,

Prakashsingh

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no Problem with the FM, the FM is fine. <b>"Error generating the test frame".</b> is familar one. and Try to call the FM in the Program and test. i think you are trying it Directly from SE37.

Have a try from the Program it works fine.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

There are Fm's like below

<b>TEXT_CONVERT_XML_TO_SAP

SAP_CONVERT_TO_XLS_FORMAT</b>

when you try to Run or test it from SE37 that will give the Message <b>Error generating the test frame</b>. but if you run it in SE38 program it will work.

Regards

vijay

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried to activate all objects for the FM and still it is giving the same error. I also tried to run the test from SE37 initial screen and also from the main program.

All suggestions seemed to be the workaround. I should really be clicking on the tool icon to test from SE37 or from the main program from SE37

Any other ideas. I may have to ask basis for help.

Thanks

RT

0 Kudos

It is most probably related to your import/changing/tables parameters. If the test tool cannot generate the interface based on your function module parameters, it will throw this error. Basis cannot help you with this. Can you please post your function module interface definition here?

As Vijay suggested, if this is the reason, the only way you can test it is writing a small program.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The interface...

*"----

""Local Interface:

*" IMPORTING

*" REFERENCE(I_AREA) TYPE UPC_Y_AREA

*" REFERENCE(I_PLEVEL) TYPE UPC_Y_PLEVEL

*" REFERENCE(I_METHOD) TYPE UPC_Y_METHOD

*" REFERENCE(I_PARAM) TYPE UPC_Y_PARAM

*" REFERENCE(I_PACKAGE) TYPE UPC_Y_PACKAGE

*" REFERENCE(IT_EXITP) TYPE UPF_YT_EXITP

*" REFERENCE(ITO_CHASEL) TYPE UPC_YTO_CHASEL

*" REFERENCE(ITO_CHA) TYPE UPC_YTO_CHA

*" REFERENCE(ITO_KYF) TYPE UPC_YTO_KYF

*" EXPORTING

*" REFERENCE(ET_MESG) TYPE UPC_YT_MESG

*" CHANGING

*" REFERENCE(XTH_DATA) TYPE HASHED TABLE

*"----

This is actually for BW. I think I didn't mention this.

Anyway, is there another way to trace this besides the tool icon and the debugger?

Thanks,

RT

Message was edited by: Rob Thomas

0 Kudos

I cannot help there(BW!!) as I cannot tell if any of these types is the culprit here. Unfortunately, there is no other way to test it either.

0 Kudos

I am staring at it and I think it is the changing parameter that is a hashed table that is the problem here. Test tool cannot generate the interface for such types.

0 Kudos

Thank you to everyone for your encouragement. You always seem to say the nicest things to help, and that's rare to find people like you.

I will try another solution and may not use the hash table.

Thanks again.

RT

Message was edited by: Rob Thomas