cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle is not starting (ORA-27102: out of memory)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have installed successfuly SAP Netweaver EHP1(SR1) (ABAP and Java) with SUNOS & Oracle10 on the same server.

After installation we have stopped the java instance and tried to start but the database is not starting and it is showing the error

SQL> startup

ORA-27102: out of memory

SVR4 Error: 22: Invalid argument

Then we have added project in /etc/project

NWJ:500:SAP System NWJ:nwjadm,oranwj::process.max-sem-nsems=(priv,2048,deny);project.max-sem-ids=(priv,1024,deny);project.max-shm-ids=(priv,256,deny);project.max-shm-memory=(priv,18446744073709551615,deny)

but it doesn't resolve the issue.

Even we have stopped the Abap instance including database but no use.

Can any one provide the soluion ASAP.

Regards,

Venu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

resolved

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> NWJ:500:SAP System NWJ:nwjadm,oranwj::process.max-sem-nsems=(priv,2048,deny);project.max-sem-ids=(priv,1024,deny);project.max-shm-ids=(priv,256,deny);project.max-shm-memory=(priv,18446744073709551615,deny)

>

> but it doesn't resolve the issue.

Are ora<SID> and <SID>adm in /etc/user_attr?

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Markus,

I am getting the same problem can you assist what i need to mentioned in the file user_attr file, as i cannot see any entry about oraSID and SIDADM users,

Regards,

Irfan

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All information is mentioned in

Note 724713 - parameter settings for Solaris 10

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've hit this ORA-27102 several times when installing on Solaris 10. The problem was that SAPINST (which runs as root) runs its child processes under the root project, even though they have user ID ora<sid> or <sid>adm. Because the root project often has shared memory limited to 2 GB, Oracle fails with ORA-27102 if it needs more than 2 GB.

I'm not quite sure that the above problem corrseponds with yours though. Is SAPINST finished and are you logged in as ora<sid> or <sid>adm and running SQLPLUS manually? If so, make sure that you are indeed running in the correct project. Commands that can help:

id -p
ps -e -o pid,comm,project | grep sqlplus

Regards,

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venugopal,

Most of these kind of problems will get resolve with the whole server reboot.

Please try with that

Thanks,

CHaitnya

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you referred this [SAP Note 743328 - Composite SAP note: ORA-27102|https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/743328] ?

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff