Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error list for depreciation run

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have a problem that I find rather troublesome:

When running a depreciation test run as a background job, there is a spool logging the result. It is necessary to run it in the background, since we have about 5.000 assets, and the limit for foreground test run is 1.000 assets.

If there are errors in the depreciation run, these are marked red in the spool.

However, it is not possible to see what the error is!!! When doubleclicking the error, I only get a messege telling me what line I am on in the document.

How do I find out what the error is?

Also, it would be great if I could get a log of only the errors. With 5.000 assets it is sometimes hard to find if only a few are incorrect.

Grateful for help,

Petter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I presume you use AFAB to run depreciation. The transaction to display AFAB log is AFBP. On the selection screen of AFBP, you specify the FY and posting period of that failed AFAB run. Make sure you check 'SchedMan Monitor' box (very important). System displays a list of AFAB run for that posting period including test runs. The failed runs have a red light. Double click the one you want to investigate. The system then shows you the detailed error messages on the lower right side of the screen.

Regards,

Ming

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to SM37 and position the cursor on the job name called RAPOST2000

And now click on button Job Log in the application tool bar.

There will get the log of that back ground job.

Another way to find the log is ARAL transaction. Just execute that transacion and you will have the total log for FIAA. The first record might be the log for your dep run. Please check. Through this tcode, you can check all the activites those were happended during the given period in the selection screen.

This will solve your issue.

Thanks,

Srinu

0 Kudos

ya it worked