cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC Receiver - Muliple parallel connections?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Does the Receiver JDBC adapter support multiple parallel connections to the database. Can the calls be made in parallel. If yes then where is this parameter (maximum connections) set?.

I was testing an RFC to JDBC sync scenario... My call from the RFC were in parallel (after I increased the max connections in the sender RFC).. but I did not find a similar parameter in JDBC....the db team reported that only one connection was created from Xi...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

since PI 7.0 SP12 JDBC Receiver channel have the parameter maximum concurrency on the processing tab page.

If your system isn't advanced enough, talk to the basis people about installing SP 12.

Another solution would be to create more business services with different receiver channels pointing to the same target table on the same database. But you have to partition the data with a clever condition inside receiver determination, to avoid double inserts.

Regards

Sven

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes,

Parallel processing is possible with Recv JDBC> you need to increase the concurrency.

Thanks,

Hanish John.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am on XI 3.0 SP20.... and i do not see the maximum concurrency option in my JDBC receiver channel.

1)Do you know from which SP is this feature avalilable?

2) Is there any other way to set this up in Xi 3.0 SP20 ??

Thank You.

Arvind

Former Member
0 Kudos

U can specify the condition in receiver determination according to your fields and then route the different datas to different receivers (in different business systems or services) depending on the conditions. All the receivers will point to the same table.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have a look at the possible performance enhancement options at JDBC receiver:

1. You may increase the thread count for JDBC related queues. This has to be done in accordance with SAP Note 1084161.

2. There is parameter in JDBC communication channel called Maximum Concurrency. It signifies that one communication channel can make how many connections to database. This is 1 by default and could be increased to some values like 3-4.

3. In the Visual Admin/ NWA, there is a parameter called as queueParallelism.maxReceivers which defines the number of parallel worker threads for one receiver channel instance. This should be done following SAP Note 1136790. This can be done along with the first point.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the following setting Visual Admin:

system.queueParallelism.maxReceivers = 2

Now the issue is that even if I put Max concurrency in JDBC Channel in integration directory anywhere between 1 and 5, I see only 2 messages with status 'Delivering' at one time.

So does that mean system.queueParallelism.maxReceivers in Viusal Admin overide Max concurrency in Channels

Pls advice...on this...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

The maximum concurrency will process the messages in parallel. Please see this sap help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/64/ce4e886334ec4ea7c2712e11cc567c/content.htm

Regards,

---Satish